NHL Standings Watch - 2023-2024 Season - Updated daily for your convenience

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Obviously all games are pivotal for WC and metro

These are what caught my eye for possible four pointers and should be burners..

Tuesday night
Washington vs red wings

Thursday
Redwings vs penguins

Tuesday 16th Crapitals vs fLIARS**

Wed 17th. Penguins vs islanders

** Providing flyers can get their game back because right now they are playing awful. So much for press boxing Couterier

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Depending on our games that will also have an influence on who gets in and doesn't. We still have a match against both Washington and Pittsburgh. Wonder if either team will pull a Minnesota and pull their goalie if those games go nto OT

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
The Caps are terrible. My son-in-law is a Caps fan so I have to (quasi)cheer for them. They’re brutal: can’t skate, can’t pass and can’t defend. Boston would chew them up and spit them out.
and yet they give the Bruins problems every time we play them. It's not just about how good they are, it's how styles match up and those 2 teams both give the Bruins fits.
We'd probably beat them, but it's far from a sure thing.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Heading east this month and trying to see if can squeeze in trip to Boston to see 1 or 2 games..what dates are the best guess for game 1 and 2? April 20 and 22?

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Heading east this month and trying to see if can squeeze in trip to Boston to see 1 or 2 games..what dates are the best guess for game 1 and 2? April 20 and 22?
If it's the Lightning and the league wants to keep it to every-other-day, there is an arena conflict in Tampa on Friday the 26th. I don't know if they'll want to start the series on the 21st, or instead if they'll mix in 2 days of rest or even a back-to-back.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Bruins and Rangers can each still earn 8 more points.
In order to catch the Rangers..
  • If NYR = 0 points, the Bruins must earn at least 4.
  • If NYR = 1 point, the Bruins must earn at least 5.
  • If NYR = 2 points, the Bruins must earn at least 6.
  • If NYR = 3 points, the Bruins must earn at least 7.
  • If NYR = 4 points, the Bruins must win all four remaining games.
  • If NYR = 5 or more points, the Bruins cannot catch them.
* I think it's likely that the Rangers will get those 5 or more points.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Lower expectations helps. Less pressure when you aren't coming off a record breaking regular season and when nobody picked you as a contender

Reactions: Alicat

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
No doubt, but the roster last year is light years ahead of this one, imo.
You know, I have the same feeling, however I have recently considered the impact of so many new faces added last year and how that could have affected them. Really would like another cup, and
although this is a new group, how many really good chances to win the cup come along.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Lower expectations helps. Less pressure when you aren't coming off a record breaking regular season and when nobody picked you as a contender
Most of the "experts" had us either barely making the playoffs or missing them. They still aren't being taken seriously despite being top 3 in the league. Give me less pressure and the underdog mentality any day.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Most of the "experts" had us either barely making the playoffs or missing them. They still aren't being taken seriously despite being top 3 in the league. Give me less pressure and the underdog mentality any day.
I definitely agree with this.

(It's an easy excuse and I won't get laughed at as much)

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyfan and Alicat

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Yeah the fact that they beat them in the games in they played this season,doesn’t mean shit come playoffs .
When you think about playoffs you have to think about the "revenge" game earlier in the year when they targeted McAvoy. That was just one game. That is what they will bring in the playoffs. Relentless pounding of our D and high speed pressure on the D. If we don't answer that or handle it they will wear us down, cause the turnovers, and even if we win the series we will be so banged up it'll be hard to keep going.
We need to be able to pound their D this year instead but I'm not sure we have the team to do that. We shall see if and when it happens. If we are lucky Reaves beats a few of them up first round.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad