Stand Up Comedians.2

Sep 19, 2008
Tony Hinchcliffe being cancelled :(

Seen a few "Kill Tony" references here so we edge comedy fans are mourning his cancellation :cry:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Louis is a rare talent, one of the all-time great comedians IMO. How well the tour does will illustrate people's willingness to separate craft from personal flaws. It also helps that Louis tackled his crime head-on, acknowledging it in writing and onstage.

He's one of my favourites too, but he still handled the situation all wrong.

If he had just sincerely apologized from the outset, who knows?

And some noted that C.K., while apologetic, didn't actually say "sorry" to the women. Nowhere in his 500 word statement were the words "sorry", "apologize" or "apology".

Was that Louis C.K. apology really one at all? | CNN

I never know how much of it is legal advice not to use certain words.

Reactions: Lshap

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

I'm not sure how fair those criticisms are. Even if he didn't use the words, "I'm sorry", the message he did send was strong and clear – at least to me. He called out his actions and explained precisely why they were wrong from the women's perspective. The question – which can't be answered here – is whether his doubters were looking for a specific type of apology or whether they have no intention of forgiving him no matter what he says.

Sep 19, 2008
It's tricky because Louis did apologize (and he also asked for permission first, if they said no it's not like he forced them to watch) but people are upset because of "power and control" :laugh:

You didn't have to watch him do it

If you said no he wouldn't do it

"BUT HE INTIMIDATED OTHER PEOPLE AND TRIED TO SILENCE THEM" :rolleyes:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

From what I understand, hadn't he actually done so in private to at least some of the women? Could be wrong though.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Anyone hear about what Brendan Schaub did? He might not actually be a stand up comedian, but he certainly is a stand up fellow, I’ll tell you what.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
So....damn....great. On the edge the entire time on national TV, dares the audience to be uncomfortable and just kills it. A 4-minute joke on child molesters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad