Stan Stavran makes a poor comment. Issues a full apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Nah man. It's like when a comedian is toeing the line and people look around to see if others are laughing before they do it, because nobody can make up their own minds anymore.

Well that's a big part of it as well, but you can't deny that people get offended way too easily these days.

Ralphy*

I'm all for morbid humor, it just wasn't funny.

Couldn't agree more. Morbid humour can be done super well, but this was just a silly stupid comment to make.

I'm not saying it was a huge deal, but it was pretty dumb.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
It definitely is worth noting, I just wasn't sure if I felt like getting into an HFBoard political debate so I tried to be as objective and limited as possible when answering.

If you were objective, "innocent" and "choked" would not have been in your post.

Ralphy*

It's nothing worse than the crap that comes out of Cherry's mouth

While you have a point, I don't remember Cherry ever making an explicit reference to an ongoing political issue and mocking it.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, I wouldn't be that surprised if Cherry did that at some point. :laugh:

Ralphy*

If you were objective, "innocent" and "choked" would not have been in your post.

"innocent" = He did not commit a crime before being arrested and choked.

"choked" = He was put in a choke hold and choked to death.

Don't be silly.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Don't be silly.

He did commit a crime before he was choked.

He resisted arrest.

And he wasn't choked to death... he was still conscious after the choke hold was released.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
eh, it wasn't a smart thing to say but i bet it will get blown out of proportion on social media because everybody is so sensitive these days.
Completely agree. I grew up listening to Stan years ago when he had his radio show on WTAE AM and he's not that type of person. Classsy of him to apologize, though.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY

Don't be silly.

Yeah, the guy with like 30 prior arrests who was selling cigarettes illegally was innocent...

I really don't feel like discussing the incident, but let's not act like he was doing nothing wrong.

Ralphy*

He did commit a crime before he was choked.

He resisted arrest.

He had a criminal record, but did NOT commit a crime before being approached by police.
Do some research, I'm not going to have this argument on HF of all places.

Yeah, the guy with like 30 prior arrests who was selling cigarettes illegally was innocent...

I really don't feel like discussing the incident, but let's not act like he was doing nothing wrong.

He did nothing wrong that day. Having a criminal record does not warrant being arrested anytime a cop feels like it.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
He had a criminal record, but did NOT commit a crime before being approached by police.
Do some research, I'm not going to have this argument on HF of all places.

He did nothing wrong that day. Having a criminal record does not warrant being arrested anytime a cop feels like it.

A complaint was lodged against him ... Someone called the Police on him. Given his record it was completely appropiate for Police to arrest him. Whether he would be charged or not is another story.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
My feelings were hurt. I should sue him. And HFB because that's where I saw it. What? My hurt feelings matter too.

Ralphy*

A complaint was lodged against him ... Someone called the Police on him. Given his record it was completely appropiate for Police to arrest him. Whether he would be charged or not is another story.

Except that's wrong, so do some research. He was just approached by a plainsclothes police officer.

Honestly, the fact that you even feel the need to attack his character when he was murdered is ridiculous.

I'm done arguing about this though, honestly.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Except that's wrong, so do some research. He was just approached by a plainsclothes police officer.

Honestly, the fact that you even feel the need to attack his character when he was murdered is ridiculous.

I'm done arguing about this though, honestly.

I attacked his character? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad