Stan Stavran makes a poor comment. Issues a full apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Eh, wasn't that bad. I guess no one can say anything anymore without upsetting someone. Also, are those shirts free? How much do they cost? Is the money being donated somewhere at least or is someone profiting off it?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
eh, it wasn't a smart thing to say but i bet it will get blown out of proportion on social media because everybody is so sensitive these days.

getzforfighting*

Seems like he did go out of his way to make that remark though, thats the problem.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Not that it makes it an okay thing to say, but it's possible he didn't know the meaning behind the shirt.

Davebo*

"Penguins are going to need to put on those 'I Can't Breathe' shirts because the Columbus Blue Jackets are suffocating them."

Wow. Kind of like his career, after that. What an insensitive thing to say at this time... :shakehead

Ralphy*

Can someone explain this to me, I don't get it. Did something bad happen in Pittsburgh or something?

An NYPD cop choked an innocent man to death.
It was filmed, and in the video the man shouts "I can't breath" 11 times.
Of course, the NYPD cop was deemed innocent.
Now people are protesting with shirts and signs that say "I can't breath."

Google "Eric Garner" for more info.

Jun 15, 2014
An NYPD cop choked an innocent man to death.
It was filmed, and in the video the man shouts "I can't breath" 11 times.
Of course, the NYPD cop was deemed innocent.
Now people are protesting with shirts and signs that say "I can't breath."

Google "Eric Garner" for more info.

He was black and the cop was white. I thought it was worth noting.

Ralphy*

He was black and the cop was white. I thought it was worth noting.

It definitely is worth noting, I just wasn't sure if I felt like getting into an HFBoard political debate so I tried to be as objective and limited as possible when answering.

Jun 15, 2014
It definitely is worth noting, I just wasn't sure if I felt like getting into an HFBoard political debate so I tried to be as objective and limited as possible when answering.

Agreed. Anyway, pretty dumb comment IMO considering how fragile the situation is in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->