Rumor: Stan Bowman to receive an extension?

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Bowman straightened out the Hawks drafting, apparently not in 09.

HockeyDoug said Scotty straightened out the Hawks drafting, I said '09 wasn't good.

No, I said Scotty started to right the ship. If scouting, business development, and hockey ops were completely ironed out by even the 10 draft, I doubt they would have kept all 5 of their 2nd rounders.

Scotty and Stan hired an actual management team.
Mike Smith hired an actual management team but it took 5-6 years for it to show and he still looked like a trainwreck 2 years after he left.

Blaming the FO for not developing a wide array of depth skill sets within the system in 13' would be setting an unrealistic bar. They shouldn't have had as much help as they had from within the system that quickly as it was, lots of luck involved to get that many players within few years without top 5 overall picks.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
No, I said Scotty started to right the ship. If scouting, business development, and hockey ops were completely ironed out by even the 10 draft, I doubt they would have kept all 5 of their 2nd rounders.

Scotty and Stan hired an actual management team.
Mike Smith hired an actual management team but it took 5-6 years for it to show and he still looked like a trainwreck 2 years after he left.

Blaming the FO for not developing a wide array of depth skill sets within the system in 13' would be setting an unrealistic bar. They shouldn't have had as much help as they had from within the system that quickly as it was, lots of luck involved to get that many players within few years without top 5 overall picks.
3 drafts? Not all that unrealistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad