Rumor: Stan Bowman to receive an extension?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Are you fricking kidding me? This tool with no toolbox is getting an extension? LOOOL

I don’t understand, the team loses a series to the blues, followed by a year that they got swept, followed by 2 years of nothingness, all while losing guys like Danault, TT, Panarin, many draft picks, etc. and he gets resigned? Results should govern if someone is resigned or not. This is pure madness...

Last edited:

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
download.jpeg-1.jpg

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Are you fricking kidding me? This tool with no toolbox is getting an extension? LOOOL

I don’t understand, the team loses a series to the blues, followed by a year that they got swept, followed by 2 years of nothingness, all while losing guys like Danault, TT, Panarin, many draft picks, etc. and he gets resigned? Results should govern if someone is resigned or not. This is pure madness...
another gem from you good sir!!

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I don't agree with the negative hyperbole.

However, I don't discount the argument being 2 years of 1st round exits then two years of no playoffs meaning this season should really be a barometer versus signing him now. No matter what the big picture was that still sucks getting poor results when you had Kane/Toews/Keith ready to game.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I don't see him leaving Chicago unless the organization fires him, so with that said I'd have probably waited to see how the upcoming season plays out before extending him now.

However, I'm not upset the resigned him now either. It's not like it'd be difficult to fire him if everything were to backfire this season.

I suspect this thread will be a giant pissing match, mostly by one specific poster, and the entire thread is useless.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Considering the job he's done, I'm a little surprised Rocky and John weren't willing to wait til after the season to see what the team looks like before making this move.

However, it's totally worth it for comments like these.
Say what you want to say about the Wirtz' ... they always been loyal to the front office people who've been loyal to them.

Probably not the best timing for an announcement if the rumors are true ... but stability is not a bad thing either. Granted the team's stunk the last 2 years ... but this administration has a track record of winning. Things could be far worse. Furthermore, players like stability.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
hawks fan first so alrighttt. Think its a weird time for an extension as hes already got some term left. Hes had a great past 11 months. hopefully we can get back into the playoffs here soon. If we miss another playoff or two the extension is going to look tough tho (i dont expect we will but never know).

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
An extension after missing two playoffs with rosters he said were "Playoff rosters" is a f***ing joke

Greatest coach in FA history was thrown under bus by Stan in what can only be called disgraceful moment in franchise history only to see Stanley given an extension he damn well hasn't earned

Reactions: Melrose Munch

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
When is his current deal up?

After next year (2 seasons left). I hoped this would happen so he doesn’t buy at the deadline to try to save his job. If they got rid of him, it would likely just be Maciver or some other in house candidate anyway. As others have said, the Hawks are loyal to their own staff and McDonough probably wouldn’t risk losing influence by handing the keys to someone from outside the organization.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
An extension after missing two playoffs with rosters he said were "Playoff rosters" is a ****ing joke

Greatest coach in FA history was thrown under bus by Stan in what can only be called disgraceful moment in franchise history only to see Stanley given an extension he damn well hasn't earned
cc3fb61df5200eca518fe22adf03e073.gif

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
After next year (2 seasons left). I hoped this would happen so he doesn’t buy at the deadline to try to save his job. If they got rid of him, it would likely just be Maciver or some other in house candidate anyway. As others have said, the Hawks are loyal to their own staff and McDonough probably wouldn’t risk losing influence by handing the keys to someone from outside the organization.

I am a Bowman supporter (his work) but I would not sign him yet. Next summer would prevent him from being a lame duck GM and makes more sense.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I am a Bowman supporter (his work) but I would not sign him yet. Next summer would prevent him from being a lame duck GM and makes more sense.

That would be ideal. I don’t care who the GM is, just want the team to make smart moves that fit the direction of the team. You’re right though, hopefully they wait until after the season just in case this season is a complete disaster.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad