Pre-Game Talk: Stamkos vs. the Leafs, 7:30pm, Sportsnet 29th, Dec. This Should be Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
no time to really stop and think about it - back on the saddle, and have to take on Tampa. if we play like we did today or the past few weeks we're totally going to be smoked.

We could also be what ails, Stamkos (who has been struggling, and he looovvesss playing against us like the good ole Canadian boy he is).

Reimer should be getting the start (I don't see them putting Gibson in).

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Last time we faced them the Leafs were coming off that 9-2 loss at home to Nashville and the Lightning failed to light us up. Will be interesting to see what they do tomorrow. Stamkos has been struggling badly and the Leafs are a slump buster.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Leafs will either win this or it will be the start of another losing streak. It doesn't get any easier they face the Bruins, Wild and the Jets.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Beer%20Truck%20Gets%20Tipsy.jpg

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Leafs usually play well against TB. Nothing would surprise me tonight. Our fan base may be back in love with this core after this game. Or not.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Thanks. For sure out tonight?

He travelled with the team, so it's looking like a possibility that he could play.

They said yesterday that if he wasn't feeling much better that he wouldn't travel to Tampa Bay.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
To me this is a deciding game. If we lose I think we should get rid of Carlyle while we have the chance and get a new coach to start the new year. There has to be some accountability for the way we are playing. Hire Bylsma on an interim basis, get rid of Nonis in the off-season and promote Mark Hunter and let him either hire his own guy or keep Bylsma. We need a coach who can preach possesion.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He travelled with the team, so it's looking like a possibility that he could play.

They said yesterday that if he wasn't feeling much better that he wouldn't travel to Tampa Bay.

There's some good news, excellent.
Hopefully it's not blacked out in Montreal.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Tampa Bay is 2nd in the NHL in GF.

Let's start Gibson. I can see this being a Reimer blame fest tonight.

Too bad the team will be let off the hook, GA is a team problem. Not a Reimer or Bernier problem.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If the Leafs give up their usual 35-40 shots against per game against one of the highest scoring teams in TB then I don't think this will be a happy ending.

Leafs will have to play a much better game then yesterday to come away with points in the one.

Lets hope for a bounce back game.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If the Leafs give up their usual 35-40 shots against per game against one of the highest scoring teams in TB then I don't think this will be a happy ending.

Leafs will have to play a much better game then yesterday to come away with points in the one.

Lets hope for a bounce back game.

In before the game ends. We will have a scapegoat tonight if Leafs play like they have since the Philly game. Expect a lot of run and gun tonight.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
What's the news on Panik?

I saw Ashton last night. I completely forgot about him. We need sand paper to create some energy not players with size just to skate around

Bring up Broll

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
To me this is a deciding game. If we lose I think we should get rid of Carlyle while we have the chance and get a new coach to start the new year. There has to be some accountability for the way we are playing. Hire Bylsma on an interim basis, get rid of Nonis in the off-season and promote Mark Hunter and let him either hire his own guy or keep Bylsma. We need a coach who can preach possesion.

I thought a big part of the criticism on Bylsma was he wanted to play a dump and chase/grinding style despite the obvious skill available to him. Couldn't see him being much of an upgrade over Carlyle.

Carlyle will ride out this season unless something drastic happens. I mean, if going 2-12 to miss the playoffs down the stretch and demonstrating the same issues the following year doesn't get you canned, you are basically safe for the year. He might get fired with 10-15 games remaining if they are really struggling but make no mistake, it'll be a mercy firing not because they want to.

This entire year from day one has been setup as a write off, I don't see any reason why they would change course when things are going exactly as planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad