Rumor: Stamkos Ask from Toronto was 14M AAV

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I can't imagine this being the case.

on a side note, Marek really chapped my ass with his antics during the draft...telling Matthews to "enjoy the circus" meanwhile every other Canadian draft pick is like, enjoy McDavid, the jersey looks great on you, smooch smooch. Petty? Yes, but idgaf. /rant

Marek is from the area, but is not a fan.
He was going for Winnipeg, when the lottery was on.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

i don't think he going for winnipeg had anything to do with fandom. he wanted this awesome hash tag:

"You Took our Team, We Take Your Children" or something like that.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

Marek is a fan of WWE. Enough said.
Anyone remember his days from "The Law"?
He was best buds with Chris Benoit. Even helped Benoit with his website.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
No, it isn't that bad.

There is a calculator here.

ttoFOsA.png

$8.5m after tax is $5.2m in Tampa.

To get the same $5.2m in Toronto, he'd have to get paid $11m.

These guys just don't pay taxes like regular employees and at their rates.

Did you forget about the Canadian Entertainment employee tax deferments and the Can-US income tax crediting for income taxes paid in the other country?

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
At the end of the day he signed in Tampa. Can we just move along? Stamkos sure did but we're spinning tires.

MLG Ghost

Feb 3, 2004
:laugh: pretty much. like I said - if he wants to stay in Tampa, and be closer to win a cup and all of that jazz, and be where he wants to be comfortable, that's his choice, and whatever.

but i'm with you. like. I hope Toronto wins a cup before Tampa does. and then there's that eternal "what if." doubt. and I hope whomever is in charge bypasses him if he's ever available for whatever reason. Toronto is no longer the place to fulfil your childhood dream after you've gone and done whatever you accomplished. if you can't help us when you're good, we don't want you when you're a dried ole husk of your former self.

Couldn't agree more Daisy; here's hoping we've seen the last of retirement contracts of the Lindros and Peca variety.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Stamkos should be booed at the ACC forever!

just my opinion.

I think he's a slime ball of crap:laugh: yeah I'm bitter.:yo:

Oh I hope he takes Mom and Dad and whatever siblings he has to live in peaceful Tampa with him, and the family dog too.

Bitter anyone?

I am.

He could suffer a career ending injury/illness and I couldn't give a ****. ...... he's a piece of ****.

Agreed.

I also hope Stamkos never wins a Cup. Bitter? Childish? Maybe, but I'm a Leaf fan and everybody else can burn in hell.

If all he cared about was $, he should have met with Buffalo. He would have got his 14 mil AAV.

The wrath of Leafs Nation will probably be painful now when he visits the ACC.

"Hometown hero becomes hometown zero"

MIRite?

But we should boo him regardless

it has nothing to do with being salty.

Not bitter/salty? Just look at the above quotes. LOL.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Can't blame him.... I wouldn't take that difference of banked money, to play elsewhere. Makes you wonder if we offered Bolland similar money to Florida... but he chose there for tax purposes.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Nonis reportedly offered Bolland 5 years @ 4.9MAAV.

The one good thing Nonis did here was to walk away when Talon offered 5.5M AAV for five years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad