Stadium Series Jersey

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Eh... this isn't guaranteed for anything other than the single game against Chicago right?

At most maybe the Penguins would wear it for one or two games after the Chicago game for marketing purposes, or to show it to the home crowd at CEC.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Certainly better than our current jerseys. I think the stripes should go the whole way around the sleeve though.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Yeah, joining the consensus. Better than our regulars by a long shot, not that that's saying much. Lose the chrome and wrap the sleeves the whole way and I'd sport it.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
the back

HSEB7za.png

pens have a thing on their site

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
I'm sorry. The chrome by itself is an abomination. Add to that the tall numbers and the half-assed stripes. People are basically saying they like it because of the "background", while all of the details in the foreground are being panned. :laugh:

Is the chrome logo a patch? Or is it printed somehow? I didn't really get much of a read on that detail.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I read the elongated numbers were designed for these games because the fans are so far away.

that makes sense, also reminds me a lot of some football jerseys. still doesn't make it look good up close and probably won't look great on TV.

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh
Certainly not god awful, but its not amazing either. It seems like whoever designed them along with the other stadium series threw them all together the week before.

Plus add another black stripe to the sleeves and waist and its an uglier Bruins jersey. They could be so much better...

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I don't really like the long numbers, but the jersey is pretty awesome honestly. 1000x better than the WC jersey I'm currently wearing.

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
Outside of the chrome symbol, this is a nice jersey. A modern and classic feel and definite improvement on the current white uniforms, especially since this has actual stripes and not blotches. The gold under the black shoulders is a nice balance. I don't like the elongated numbers as much but they don't look bad. I do think for the collar they should switch the black and gold with each other.

I'm kind of hoping for next year they slap on a regular logo and go with this.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad