Not open for further replies.

member 151739

owngoalsoldierfield.gif

Seabs, that looks 100% intentional. :biglaugh:

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Bicks post game interview talking about how Handzus said that was the first time he has ever outskated the puck
Referring to the offsides call when the puck stopped on Zus before the blue line :laugh:

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Loss unless the offense and defense actually want to show up. If there's a game the Hawks can get back on track, it's this one. With all the hype surrounding it, and the who the opponent is, they can't afford not to seize the opportunity. The playoffs are approaching fast, and if they continue their current ways of playing, this will probably 2011-2012 all over again.

My good this was a bad post.

Maybe worse post of the year.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well the boys left the country club...or flipped the switch back to want and team and effort for all 3 periods...whatever metaphor suits best.. Lead by the leader capitano and example followed by all for a change..felt sorry CC had to lose the Shut-out due to Seabrook shooting it past him...not a deflection but Seabrook shot it in attempting yo shoot it away..so tough on CC for that own goal...but the hockey gods rewarded Toews with deflection re-direct own goal by a PITT man...so Toew gets his second goal of the game on a bit of luck going back to us to make up for the Seabrook faux.pas.gift to PITT...

Anyway..our best game of 2014.. The score was flattering to PITT....Kane's hitting 2 posts and Fleury stopping numerous grade A scoring chances...Our PK was good.. Lots to like...but I hope this is a turning point to play hard like this down the home stretch...rather than avone-offf reminder that they can flip that switch whenever they want to focus and urgency and effort instead of bad lolligagging habits we saw too often in the majority of The last 20 games. ..But even if they resume the lazy habits, it is nice to know that apparently they can flip the switch back to on when they really want to... So if they repair to the Country club a bit too often in the remaining games,I guess I cannot get upset...secure in the knowledge they can flip the switch back on for the playoffs...I will remind myself of this game and KNOW they can always flip it on when they want to..control the ice...when they want to..So I guess the Cup can be ours again..because surely in playoffs they will want to play as we saw tonight..the real Blackjack emerge (from lethargy) and can dominate...when they all want to.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
owngoalsoldierfield.gif

Seabs, that looks 100% intentional. :biglaugh:

Just saw Crow's postgame comments.

The interviewer asked him about what happened on the Seabrook goal.

Corey said something like "Seabrook's a good player. You give him an open net like that he's gonna bury it." :laugh:

eta: Oops looks like you guys already saw that. Never mind.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Saad was fantastic tonight. I would like to see him play with Kane more when Hossa comes back if Kane and Steeger don't keep clicking after this

Saad/Toews are a lethal combo. Really want to see it. Speed/puck pursuit is a joy to watch. Plus it gives Kane Sharp

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Well the boys left the country club...or flipped the switch back to want and team and effort for all 3 periods...whatever metaphor suits best.. Lead by the leader capitano and example followed by all for a change..felt sorry CC had to lose the Shut-out due to Seabrook shooting it past him...not a deflection but Seabrook shot it in attempting yo shoot it away..so tough on CC for that own goal...but the hockey gods rewarded Toews with deflection re-direct own goal by a PITT man...so Toew gets his second goal of the game on a bit of luck going back to us to make up for the Seabrook faux.pas.gift to PITT...

Anyway..our best game of 2014.. The score was flattering to PITT....Kane's hitting 2 posts and Fleury stopping numerous grade A scoring chances...Our PK was good.. Lots to like...but I hope this is a turning point to play hard like this down the home stretch...rather than avone-offf reminder that they can flip that switch whenever they want to focus and urgency and effort instead of bad lolligagging habits we saw too often in the majority of The last 20 games. ..But even if they resume the lazy habits, it is nice to know that apparently they can flip the switch back to on when they really want to... So if they repair to the Country club a bit too often in the remaining games,I guess I cannot get upset...secure in the knowledge they can flip the switch back on for the playoffs...I will remind myself of this game and KNOW they can always flip it on when they want to..control the ice...when they want to..So I guess the Cup can be ours again..because surely in playoffs they will want to play as we saw tonight..the real Blackjack emerge (from lethargy) and can dominate...when they all want to.

This is the Hawk team I want to see show up from now on in..... very nice game indeed.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Interesting comment from Sharp that they basically three out systems and slapped the puck around...just having fun...if this is so...then Q and staff should forget systems and line matching chess games which stifle the style our Hawks play best..when they have fun with the puck...instead of boring wait for a break coaching manual 101 too cautious and so disinterested hockey like we saw too much of the 20 games prior...Q should therefore just be a door opener...minimize over-coaching.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Was taken a bit before puck drop, maybe 6:30? Either way, by the end of the third a good portion of the stadium had thinned out.

Makes sense. Yeah, I could imagine a lot of people left after they got the 3 goal lead left. I know I would've booked it out of there to make the 10:20 Electric Line train and not have to wait another hour.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Most of the elements were fine to deal with last night. Though my toes were frozen to the point of almost hurting by the end of the game. Was a great experience and I'll forever be glad I went out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad