5baaet.jpg

and Pierre McGuire as Pierre

4 years ago...
zxr9km.jpg

"You win now, Sid. One day, you play Jonathan Toews."

Coors Light Stadium Series Game at Soldier Field
SzGRPPO.jpg

:pens

14 Chris Kunitz (A) | 87 Sidney Crosby (C) | 49 Brian Gibbons 36 Jussi Jokinen | 71 Evgeni Malkin (A) | 18 James Neal 15 Tanner Glass | 16 Brandon Sutter | 12 Chuck Kobasew 17 Taylor Pyatt | 46 Joe Vitale | 27 Craig Adams

3 Olli Maata | 2 Matt Niskanen 4 Rob Scuderi | 41 Robert Bortuzzo 44 Brooks Orpik | 5 Deryk Engelland 29 Marc-Andre Fleury | 37 Jeff Zatkoff

:hawks

10 Patrick Sharp (A) | 19 Jonathan Toews (C) | 81 Marian Hossa 23 Kris Versteeg | 12 Peter Regin | 88 Patrick Kane 29 Bryan Bickell | 65 Andrew Shaw | 20 Brandon Saad 52 Brandon Bollig | 16 Marcus Kruger | 28 Ben Smith

2 Duncan Keith (A) | 7 Brent Seabrook 27 Johnny Oduya | 4 Niklas Hjalmarsson 8 Nick Leddy | 32 Michal Rozsival 50 Corey Crawford | 31 Antti Raanta

"So Sid... when are you going to admit that Toews is better?"
tumblr_mhcm86WGf31s24qb4o1_250.gif

:pens

Points | 80 (Crosby)
Goals | 29 (Crosby)
Assists | 51 (Crosby)
+/- | 30 (Niskanen)
GAA | 2.29 (Fleury)
SV% | .917 (Fleury)

:hawks

Points | 63 (Kane)
Goals | 28 (Sharp)
Assists | 45 (Keith)
+/- | 25 (Tie)
GAA | 2.35 (Crawford)
SV% | .916 (Crawford)

tumblr_ls1l79o6981r21bjmo1_500.gif

Let's Go Hawks!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Loss unless the offense and defense actually want to show up. If there's a game the Hawks can get back on track, it's this one. With all the hype surrounding it, and the who the opponent is, they can't afford not to seize the opportunity. The playoffs are approaching fast, and if they continue their current ways of playing, this will probably 2011-2012 all over again.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Loss unless the offense and defense actually want to show up. If there's a game the Hawks can get back on track, it's this one. With all the hype surrounding it, and the who the opponent is, they can't afford not to seize the opportunity. The playoffs are approaching fast, and if they continue their current ways of playing, this will probably 2011-2012 all over again.

Predicting a loss? Shocking.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Oh give me a break, out of all the times during the season, this one is probably the most justified given how they've been playing lately.

Who cares? When you repeat it every time you make a prediction, it loses all meaning. It's just a meme at this point.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Who cares? When you repeat it every time you make a prediction, it loses all meaning. It's just a meme at this point.

Except, I don't. You just choose to see what you want to see. I don't see anyone ever pointing out the times when I do pick the Hawks to win... and yes I do I pick the Hawks to win when I feel like they're rolling and have a favorable matchup or game.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Solid one, TK.

Shawn: But Crosby is a better player in almost every measurable way than Toews.
Teacher: Call me when Crosby has two rings.
Shawn: That's your only argument?
Teacher: It's only argument I need, Shawn!

Last edited:

member 151739

[NHL]561361&lang=en&navid=nhl:topheads[/NHL]

(Don't know why the video starts with the Habs/Pens game.)

HereCometheHawks

O Captain My Captain
Nov 7, 2011
Someone apparently has stolen Corey Crawford's Stadium Classic mask. He talked about it on the NHL Network as well.

@crow_50
"Anyone know where my Stadium Series Mask is? Cause we don't #stolen?"

I found a picture of the suspect...

Bhmz3ePIcAAorBp.png:large

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Anyone else watch the NHL network practice/interviews Stadium Series stuff? I think nhl.com is streaming a lot of their stuff for free.

Nothing too unusual or earth-shattering from what I saw, but one tidbit that came out was that apparently Corey Crawford's special Stadium Series mask that he planned on wearing for the game got lost in shipping so he'll just be wearing his regular mask. Also apparently Corey Crawford's dad is a Bears fan dating back to the Walter Payton era. Didn't realize they had a following in Montreal. :laugh:

member 151739

Oh, I should note that using gifs for this GDT was inspired by HGF's GDTs. So there's that. :)

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Oh and I forgot to say... love the thread TK.

But I think you should have included Crosby in a Cosby sweater. :laugh:

87.jpg

member 151739

Oh and I forgot to say... love the thread TK.

But I think you should have included Crosby in a Cosby sweater. :laugh:

:laugh: I was going to include Cosby Show quotes but make them about hockey. But I've never watched the show, and the quotes I found on Wikiquote and IMDB weren't particularly interesting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad