OT: Staal Brothers debate (for a limited time only!)

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
I just don't understand why the Staal parents couldn't have just had two more kids. Then Carolina could acquire all of them and start all Staals. Still hoping Marc signs with Carolina and they eventually start:

Staal - Staal - Staal
Staal - Some awkward-feeling guy

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
No, but he's better than Girardi, who is on the first pairing. Either Martin or Letang is a 2nd pairing d-man more often than not using that standard, and Geno is a 2nd line center.

Nah. Before Eric scrambled his brains, maybe, but his game took a big hit it never quite recovered form. Then he got hit in the eye with a slapshot and it took another hit.

I expect whatever he gets on his UFA deal will be seen as one of the worst contracts in hockey inside 18 months of it being signed.

Mark my words: when all is said and done, Jared will have had the best NHL career of them all.

Go homr Hank, you're drnruk.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
In my opinion Marc is the best Staal at his position cause Eric never seemed to reach his scoring potential and isn't a top ten player in this league, maybe not even top 15.
With Jordan he is what he is, a very solid two way player with great penalty killing skills, probably best suited for 3rd line center.
Where Marc is just a total beast of a two way Dman.
Take away Jordan and Eric's hardware and I'd prob want Marc over the other two.
Eric is really good. He's just not your typical center. He's kind of like Jeff Carter in that he's more of a goal scoring center rather than a playmaker.

I like Marc too but aside from some cheap shots at Crosby I though he had a pretty lame playoff.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
This is OT for the Pens board and already starting to veer off course. Enjoy it while you can.

this would be one of those times where instead of deleting/closing something, could it be moved to the Around the NHL thread? Not that there's much discussion still happening, but we have a thread for non-penguins NHL stuff and we have a discussion about non-penguins NHL stuff.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just don't understand why the Staal parents couldn't have just had two more kids. Then Carolina could acquire all of them and start all Staals. Still hoping Marc signs with Carolina and they eventually start:

Staal - Staal - Staal
Staal - Some awkward-feeling guy

They should also get Jarret Stoll, just because it's close enough.

Also, I didn't realize how big of a ***** Marc Staal was until these last playoffs. If he's able to get away with taking runs at star player's heads, then he's by far the most effective Staal (even if for the wrong reason).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad