Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Kunitz - Crosby - Megna
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Jokinen - Sutter - Dupuis
Glass - Vitale - Adams

To me, that's the best lineup we will be able to ice when everybody is healty upfront. Of course, L1 RW is far from ideal, but L2 and L3 are. Shero has to get a first line RW and we will be fine. Eberle would be a dream, but cap-wise, it won't work :(

Maybe go after Jagr at the deadline? That would be the perfect redemption story, wouldn't it?

Again, why is Megna being overrated this badly? He had two good games. He's just another try-hard guy with speed.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Again, why is Megna being overrated this badly? He had two good games. He's just another try-hard guy with speed.

And Dupuis isn't? Megna has ten times the skill Dupuis does and that's been apparent from his first game.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
And Dupuis isn't? Megna has ten times the skill Dupuis does and that's been apparent from his first game.

And two good games against Carolina and Columbus led you to this opinion? "Ten times the skill?" :laugh:

Dupuis at least is coming off two very good seasons in a row in 2011-12 and 2013. I'll go with that for now over the guy who was gifted his first goal because Crosby decided to shoot it off his leg.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Kunitz - Crosby - Megna
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Jokinen - Sutter - Dupuis
Glass - Vitale - Adams

To me, that's the best lineup we will be able to ice when everybody is healty upfront. Of course, L1 RW is far from ideal, but L2 and L3 are. Shero has to get a first line RW and we will be fine. Eberle would be a dream, but cap-wise, it won't work :(

Maybe go after Jagr at the deadline? That would be the perfect redemption story, wouldn't it?

I'm sure most will roll their eyes, but I'd swap Jokinen for Jagr in a second.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
You don't think Megna has more natural skill than Dupuis?

Actually, I don't. Certainly he has more than when Dupuis was Megna's age, but even I have to admit Dupuis has improved his skill level over the years...and since he arrived here.

He just has no business whatsoever playing a scoring, off-wing role on a Cup contender.

I don't see much hockey sense with Megna, but maybe we need to see more of him. With Disco, good luck with that.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Actually, I don't. Certainly he has more than when Dupuis was Megna's age, but even I have to admit Dupuis has improved his skill level over the years...and since he arrived here.

He just has no business whatsoever playing a scoring, off-wing role on a Cup contender.

I don't see much hockey sense with Megna, but maybe we need to see more of him. With Disco, good luck with that.

I said natural skill not who is better at hockey. Megna is still very raw. I think he has potential to be a good top 6 winger. He isn't that today and he may never get there but the potential is there.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
There's a reason Megna went undrafted. Sure Dupuis went undrafted too and has become a much better hockey player during his time in Pittsburgh. But perhaps Dupuis is the exception and not the rule.

Megna is a guy who skates fast and tries hard. To say he has all this skill based off two games is just utter absurdity.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
There's a reason Megna went undrafted. Sure Dupuis went undrafted too and has become a much better hockey player during his time in Pittsburgh. But perhaps Dupuis is the exception and not the rule.

Megna is a guy who skates fast and tries hard. To say he has all this skill is just utter absurdity.

Dude come on. Megna was a late bloomer. That's why he went undrafted. You can't deny how fast he has risen in the past few years though. 2 years in the USHL, 1 in college, 1 full year in the AHL, and now called up in the NHL and looking pretty decent.

Who the hell cares if he went undrafted. He looks like he can be a good top 9 NHLer in the next few years, maybe sooner.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think Jokinen can drag Geno any further down than he already is. Three goals, 14 points after 16 games, and minus-3. Also a significant number is 45 shots on goal for Geno. That's one fewer than Dupuis, 10 fewer than Kunitz. These numbers tell the story for Geno.

I agree with you, Jokinen needs to be off that line, but it can't get any worse when Neal returns...this is rock-bottom for Geno.

Actually, Neal's return may make it worse in the long run. The numbers will get better, and then the line will end the season doing exactly what it is constructed to do . . . get shut down by a tight checking team in the playoffs.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Dude come on. Megna was a late bloomer. That's why he went undrafted. You can't deny how fast he has risen in the past few years though. 2 years in the USHL, 1 in college, 1 full year in the AHL, and now called up in the NHL and looking pretty decent.

Who the hell cares if he went undrafted. He looks like he can be a good top 9 NHLer in the next few years, maybe sooner.

Two good games. First goal because Crosby decided to shoot the puck off his leg. He's another Bylsma try-hard guy.

Penguinzilla*

I've been watching Dupuis the last 3 games and every time he's had the puck he's messed it up every time. He hasn't even completed a pass to someone. When he touches the like I think "how's he going to screw this one up."

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Dupuis was an UDFA who found his way to Crosby's wing. Took more than 2 games to say it was going to work.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I've been watching Dupuis the last 3 games and every time he's had the puck he's messed it up every time. He hasn't even completed a pass to someone. When he touches the like I think "how's he going to screw this one up."

Oh, c'mon, he's a top line talent, and he and the best line in hockey are going to prove it when they totally dismantle St Louis. They may play defense and hit and check tight, but Pascal Dupuis and the best line in hockey eat teams like that for lunch.

EDIT: I do hope that a smilie is NOT necessary.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

I put him there by "default" because I think for this team to be perfect Jokinen - Sutter - Dupuis has to be the third line. Bennett - Malkin - Neal is a good line that has showed that it could work. It would be a match-up nightmare for the opposition. Megna isn't better than Dupuis, but he is younger and has more room to grow, I'd give it a try.

KCD isn't working right now, trying something else isn't a bad idea. Like I said in my previous post, it is obvious that with my "ideal" lineup, L1 RW HAS to be upgraded at the deadline. I suggested Jagr, but there are probably better options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad