Pre-Game Talk: St. Louis pre-game twitter updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Considering Jeffrey's lackluster performances, I'm still not sure why he's in the lineup over D'Agostini. Did D'Agostini kick Bylsma's dog or something?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
well, its been nice Megna.

Huh? Beau should absolutely be flanking Geno right now. When Neal's back, Beau will bump Glass down. And we'll have some semblance of scoring lines.

The fact D'Agostini still isn't back in the lineup is a good thing for the rookies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Huh? Beau should absolutely be flanking Geno right now. When Neal's back, Beau will bump Glass down. And we'll have some semblance of scoring lines.

The fact D'Agostini still isn't back in the lineup is a good thing for the rookies.

Yup. Kobasew is the guy Megna has so worry about. My guess when healthy (if ever):

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Megna (these guys can both play either wing I think)
Glass-Vitale-Adams
Kobasew-Jeffrey

One of D'Ags or Jeffrey is out the door. Considering Jeffrey has been playing over him and he's a center, it looks like it's D'Ags but that could change.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

seems like the idea that Jussi will stick on Geno's wing for a while is all but widely adopted. That is such a wrong move, he has to get off of that line as soon as possible. rather swap him with Megna or anyone else that would be ferocious checker or speedster to allow them to play up tempo. Juice is gonna drag them down...

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I don't think Jokinen can drag Geno any further down than he already is. Three goals, 14 points after 16 games, and minus-3. Also a significant number is 45 shots on goal for Geno. That's one fewer than Dupuis, 10 fewer than Kunitz. These numbers tell the story for Geno.

I agree with you, Jokinen needs to be off that line, but it can't get any worse when Neal returns...this is rock-bottom for Geno.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
seems like the idea that Jussi will stick on Geno's wing for a while is all but widely adopted. That is such a wrong move, he has to get off of that line as soon as possible. rather swap him with Megna or anyone else that would be ferocious checker or speedster to allow them to play up tempo. Juice is gonna drag them down...

Good luck with that. I've been making that same point and keep being told that JJ is doing just fine.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Megna isn't a top 6 forward. Bennett should be on Malkin's LW when everyone is healthy. Jokinen and Malkin together 5-on-5 just hasn't worked out.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I don't think Jokinen can drag Geno any further down than he already is. Three goals, 14 points after 16 games, and minus-3. Also a significant number is 45 shots on goal for Geno. That's one fewer than Dupuis, 10 fewer than Kunitz. These numbers tell the story for Geno.

I agree with you, Jokinen needs to be off that line, but it can't get any worse when Neal returns...this is rock-bottom for Geno.

I am honestly not thinking Geno at this point, I am looking at the effectiveness of that line, 3 skilled players no one to get in front of the net, it would rely completely on off-rush stuff when they come to few and far between...I may be wrong, but that doesn't seem to me recipe for success, without offensive zone time there will be no shots period, and considering Geno's current percentages (7%-9%) they will not score much more...

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
JJ has played a lot like Neal light on the offensive side of things. His production has been decent though not exceptional. He is playing better defensively than given credit for, if only in supporting the D deep in the zone. He does not seem to be cheating up ice at least.

All that being said, a different type of player is needed with Malkin, either BB or Kunitz can do the job. So I'm hoping one of those two ends up there. Kunitz has more finish to his game, BB has more playmaking capability. But assuming BB can hold up physically, he was playing with an edge prior to the injury, and that should help that line.

We really need one more top 9 forward to make things really go. No matter how you shift things, you're one guy short.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Kunitz - Crosby - Megna
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Jokinen - Sutter - Dupuis
Glass - Vitale - Adams

To me, that's the best lineup we will be able to ice when everybody is healty upfront. Of course, L1 RW is far from ideal, but L2 and L3 are. Shero has to get a first line RW and we will be fine. Eberle would be a dream, but cap-wise, it won't work :(

Maybe go after Jagr at the deadline? That would be the perfect redemption story, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad