Pre-Game Talk: St. Louis pre-game twitter updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumty

Aug 18, 2012
Finland
And btw dont mention dupuis and skills in same statement. He really so good that deserves play with sid when hes not 100% healthy?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If Neal and Bennett are healthy for the St.Louis game then I'd go with this line-up;

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Neal-Malkin-Jokinen
Dupuis-Sutter-Megna
Kobasew-Vitale-Glass

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Neal will not play tomorrow. 100% he's out. Maybe Wednesday, but I would think next Saturday is more realistic.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If Neal and Bennett are healthy for the St.Louis game then I'd go with this line-up;

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Neal-Malkin-Jokinen
Dupuis-Sutter-Megna
Kobasew-Vitale-Glass

Why would Neal and Jokinen switch wings? Jokinen is a LW and Neal is much better at RW.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
There's a reason Megna went undrafted. Sure Dupuis went undrafted too and has become a much better hockey player during his time in Pittsburgh. But perhaps Dupuis is the exception and not the rule.

Megna is a guy who skates fast and tries hard. To say he has all this skill based off two games is just utter absurdity.

I think anyone who wants Megna in the top six permanently right now is overrating him. However, you can't discredit Megna for going undrafted and then say it doesn't matter in Dupuis' case.

The reason that he went undrafted is because he started hockey late in life and scouts never really had a chance to see him.

The kid does have skill though. I don't know how you can't see that.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I think anyone who wants Megna in the top six permanently right now is overrating him. However, you can't discredit Megna for going undrafted and then say it doesn't matter in Dupuis' case.

The reason that he went undrafted is because he started hockey late in life and scouts never really had a chance to see him.

He sees what he wants to see.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

I'm saying Dupuis is the exception and not the rule. Just because he turned out alright later on in his career is no reason to expect Megna will follow a similar path.

Because he skates fast and tries hard? Tell me what I should be seeing.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
And has skill, along with knowing how to play with skilled players by anticipating the areas they will be passing to. Oh that and he's a good defensive player as well.

You know just the stuff you see from actually understanding the game of hockey.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I'm saying Dupuis is the exception and not the rule. Just because he turned out alright later on in his career is no reason to expect Megna will follow a similar path.

Because he skates fast and tries hard? Tell me what I should be seeing.

I'm not sure if you're serious. Kunitz also undrafted. Martin St. Louis (who I consider to be one of the best wingers in the game) was also undrafted.

Bozak, Giordano, Girardi, Burrows, Boyle etc. all undrafted. Why the hell does it matter?

Megna has skill. You can see it in his stick work and his passing. I've seen him make more one on one plays in six games than Dupuis has the past two seasons.

Plus he has pretty good hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad