GDT: St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver Canucks -- Game 2 |NHLN, FSMW|5:30 CT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I thought Berube might give Allen one of the back to back starts before the series started. I wouldn’t be shocked if he gave him the next game. But then what do you do for the next game? Binnington is not going to get sharper sitting on the bench.

Reactions: Bendak

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I thought Berube might give Allen one of the back to back starts before the series started. I wouldn’t be shocked if he gave him the next game. But then what do you do for the next game? Binnington is not going to get sharper sitting on the bench.
you make that decision after g3

either way the series rides or dies on allens play right now because binnington has been total ass

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
The overzealous extensions of Faulk and Scandella look really bad rn. Thankfully, we based that off of the 11 games that one of them played before, so they really earned it.

Reactions: Bendak and 67Blues

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Also, re: Allen.

If you bench Binnington, and Allen performs well, he has to be the guy for the rest of the series/playoffs.

None of this flip-flopping stuff. Either Allen or Binnington is the guy for the rest of the POs or the Blues will leave Edmonton shortly.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Also, re: Allen.

If you bench Binnington, and Allen performs well, he has to be the guy for the rest of the series/playoffs.

None of this flip-flopping stuff. Either Allen or Binnington is the guy for the rest of the POs or the Blues will leave Edmonton shortly.
no not at all. hawks did same thing vs trashville when they won a cup few years back when crawford struggled in first round.

you ride allen as far as he can take yo then let binny hopefully carry it from there.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
no not at all. hawks did same thing vs trashville when they won a cup few years back when crawford struggled in first round.

you ride allen as far as he can take yo then let binny hopefully carry it from there.

Crawford came back in Game 7.

All I’m saying is if Allen’s the guy, let him ride it out for the rest of the series and then re-evaluate. Don’t pull a 2016 Hitchcock vs SJ.

I’m more open to Allen playing now than I was a few hours ago, but if he plays, he better not be the only lineup change. Binnington isn’t the sole reason for why they’re down 0-2 currently.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015

I agree, I wouldn't tie it down to extremes. CLB started with Korpisalo, Merzlikins won them a big game, then Korpisalo won them an even bigger one. We'd be benching Binnington for playing poorly, which he absolutely is rn, but maybe down the line he's the better guy in net. We can't afford to let anyone work through their problems in net this playoffs.

Reactions: Brian39 and Bendak

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
How is that his fault?
It wasnt directly but goal 2 was weak and goal 3 he let up a huge rebound. Also he had very few great saves and his sv% was dreadful.

Shootouts have a conversion rate of like 33%

That means that 2/3rds of breakaways should be stopped. Not every goal has to be weak but as some point a goalie needs to make saves. If we switched goalies this series with vamcouver, wed have won both games. Our defense has made some mistakes but there is no doubt binny has looked shaky and been outplayed.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
No, but he might get hungrier. Pissed Binny is better than the Binny we have now.

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
At some point they need to win a game. I didn't think they looked as good today as they looked Wednesday. Robert Thomas seemed invisible this game, which surprised me.

I want to stay positive, but I just don't see it with this team. They look like they want to go home and play golf.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
The Blues are carrying 5 on 5 play. There’s still hope. One game at a time
refs are so shit that half the game is on the special teams though so it makes that point mute.

i think its pretty safe to say neither one of these teams is going through vegas or colorado win the west. vancouver is a pure PP team and the blues look like a peewee club in the bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad