GDT: St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver Canucks -- Game 2 |NHLN, FSMW|5:30 CT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Canucks fan here. You guys are clearly the better team here, you have carried the play through the first two games and the margin is increasing as the series goes on. Im not sure where you guys are at, but if I was a fan of your team I would want to see Allen.

Our team is like a battleship. Lots of momentum once it gets going. The problem is we spent too long on R&R in port while others sailed off and then when we started leaving the docks the race was already half way over.

Our coach and team captains boned this one up.

Reactions: Bendak

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
So frustrating because the Blues have had complete control 5 on 5 for most of the first 2 games. Goaltending is the one position where a series can be won or lost on.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
captain creampuff has been ok but he can be better.

the real problems are tarasenko, dunn and binnington. tarasenko should be a scratch next game honestly if thats how hes gonna play. gwg is due to a terrible turnover by him too.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Curious to see an update on Myers.
If he can't go, their next guy is Jordie Benn. And he's someone we can really get to(it's really easy to goad him into penalties and he's not exactly the best with the puck).

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Curious to see an update on Myers.
If he can't go, their next guy is Jordie Benn. And he's someone we can really get to(it's really easy to goad him into penalties and he's not exactly the best with the puck).

Benn’s out of the bubble currently, I think.

His wife had a kid.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
We could certainly come back in this series, but I'm not seeing the urgency. The lack of preparation, regardless of the reason, is very evident while watching them play. We'll have to have some luck to get back in this.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
blues can come back and win the series but our goalies have to make big saves. i hope allen gets a shot at it b/c binnington has not been good. your goalie has to be your best PKer.

this feels alot like the blues and kings/hawks series where we went up 2-0 then dropped the next 4. both times those were against cup champs.

Hank Hull

Aug 12, 2020
I think we're probably done. I know that we have the talent to win four of the next five, but I don't believe that the desire is there. Almost everyone on the team already has a Cup and no one has seen their family in a month, so why would they want to chase around a much faster team and stay in the bubble with nothing else to prove?

Counterpoint, I also wrote us off after Game 4 against Winnipeg last year and that turned out pretty well for us, so who knows. Anything can happen!

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Plz plz plz get Kyrou in for Brouwer. Also maybe demote Schenn and Tank to line 3 if they aren't gonna show up. And yeah, never thought I'd say it but bench Binny for Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad