• Hugh McGing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tanner Kaspick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Yes. Adding a decent amount of muscle weight and strength will send him up to the next level, along with the added experience and comfort and confidence he'll get just by playing more NHL games.
they NEED to bring Robinson back... at least for camp.. for the dmen.. especially Mikkola

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I agree he needs some seasoning, but he HAS gotten much better.. when he was drafted he was "hope he can".. now, he's showing it.
I believe if he keeps going he could be a 2nd pairing guy. if not, bottom pairing wouldn't be the end of the world, altho I think he can be more. Same with Mikkola

I agree, the Tucker from today is worlds apart from the Tucker when he was drafted. However, he's still not there. He needs a couple of years seasoning in the AHL to help with his consistency and also (further) improve his skating, for example, to be able to become an NHL regular.
is there a chance on him becoming more then a bottom pairing guy? Sure, but he will need to keep on making big steps the next couple of years and while this is not impossible (we've seen it happen with other players), it's not probable.

PS. if he turns out into a bottom pairing-level player, that doesn't mean he will play on the bottom pair. Gunnarsson also wasn't a top 2 defender when he was paired with Petro.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I agree, the Tucker from today is worlds apart from the Tucker when he was drafted. However, he's still not there. He needs a couple of years seasoning in the AHL to help with his consistency and also (further) improve his skating, for example, to be able to become an NHL regular.
is there a chance on him becoming more then a bottom pairing guy? Sure, but he will need to keep on making big steps the next couple of years and while this is not impossible (we've seen it happen with other players), it's not probable.

PS. if he turns out into a bottom pairing-level player, that doesn't mean he will play on the bottom pair. Gunnarsson also wasn't a top 2 defender when he was paired with Petro.
yup.. he's done a very good job of progressing. can he keep it up? who knows... but I hope he does.. he has the build and the tools to be a pretty good one
and fair point about Gunny... but that's the good thing about defensive dmen.. they can play up if needed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad