Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Prospect Ranking by Ballot Tabulation (Results Posted)

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Thanks, Easton. Count me among those that like this format better in terms of the outcome of the rankings.

One of the most interesting take-aways I have from this process is that the difference between #1 and #4 was only 14 points, while the difference between #9 and #10 was 98 points. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but this signals to me that we as a fan base believe that we really only have 9 defined prospects at the most, and that everyone else is nothing more than a suspect.

I wouldn't say that anyone beyond the top 9 is suspect but I would say that we have a fairly clearly defined top 9. Hopefully someone in that next range has a really big year and established himself as a top prospect.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I get the sense that most people would like to see both methods (poll series and ballots) moving forward, at least to start.

Is the general feeling that we should keep the timing of each the same? That is, run the poll series for 5-6 weeks or so in mid-to-late summer, and then have the ballot ranking at the end of the poll series?

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I get the sense that most people would like to see both methods (poll series and ballots) moving forward, at least to start.

Is the general feeling that we should keep the timing of each the same? That is, run the poll series for 5-6 weeks or so in mid-to-late summer, and then have the ballot ranking at the end of the poll series?
Works for me!

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

I like the polls, if for no other reason it generates a lot more discussion.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I like the polls, if for no other reason it generates a lot more discussion.
I think this method might generate more discussion (and probably participation) than it did if we hadn't just run the poll series for 6 weeks, but I do agree that it would be unlikely to match the poll series in either category, regardless.

I'm fine with doing both moving forward.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think this method might generate more discussion (and probably participation) than it did if we hadn't just run the poll series for 6 weeks, but I do agree that it would be unlikely to match the poll series in either category, regardless.

I'm fine with doing both moving forward.

I like how with the polls, each prospect eventually is highlighted by himself. We could probably develop that discussion more (assuming there are more folks with scouting reports to share), but no one gets lost in the shuffle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad