Speculation: St. Louis Blues - All Time Team?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Well, Majority of One, did I answer your question to your satisfaction? Many Canadians (who don't have a team in a given league representing their own city, become a fan of a given team because a family member or friend of his or hers joins that team. For whatever reason, out of fan loyalty, they find it hard to change allegiance to another team, after having rooted for that team for several years.

You did Robb. Sorry, I did not say so. I appreciate you taking the time to answer. I always found the idea of loyalty to a city a little silly anyway. I have a hard time rooting for a team when I live in the city as the homers and fair-weather fans upset me. Like seeing the seats in Scotttrade empty but if we win, everyone in the city will be a Blues fan. All their T-shirts, jerseys and hats will all have the new design just released this year (if they redesign the uniform as speculated). Point being, the idea of fan loyalty is strange to me. I was born in St. Louis but I moved away. I started watching hockey and liked Hull, Oates and Shanahan, so I became a Blues fan. If I had lived there then, I probably would not have. I have been a fan ever since.

Given that the Blues weren't around when you started liking hockey and you weren't from St. Louis, I was curious about the story behind your choosing the Blues. It is definitely cool to have known players on the team and the best reason to root for them. I have never been a soccer fan, but I had a cousin play professionally. It was easy to pick my favorite soccer teams after that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad