GDT: St. Louis Blues 2022 Draft Thread

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
So that is our last pick this year unless any trade happens

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I know he plays for London and I literally know nothing about him, but that stat line is a little underwhelming.
Well it was his rookie season as a 17 year old (he won’t be 18 until the 17th this month) and playing on London won’t get him much ice time in prime opportunities as a young rookie.

Not trying to hype him up as I don’t know much about him. But he does have a few things going for him. If there is one team I would take a later round pick from, it’s London.

He also gets the distinction of being the only Blues draft choice whose name is under 5 syllables.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Well it was his rookie season as a 17 year old (he won’t be 18 until the 17th this month) and playing on London won’t get him much ice time in prime opportunities.

Not trying to hype him up as I don’t know much about him. But he does have a few things going for him. If there is one team I would take a later round pick from, it’s London.

Last guy we picked from London was... Robert Thomas

Reactions: Blueston and mk80

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
From @Brock on this forum

Landon Sim - Center/Wing - London Knights
The son of former NHL'er Jon Sim, Landon plays a similar kind of game. It's all about pace and energy. A strong forechecker, Sim found ways to be noticeable despite limited ice time on a lot of nights. A late bloomer physically, Sim has solid top speed and he shows well as a North/South attacker, with and without the puck. With a lack of true playing time, it's just tough projecting Sim. More of a strong complementary piece, can he be the focal point? Does he have the skill to create his own chances consistently, or better yet, the vision and creativity to create for his teammates? Is he a center or a wing long term? I'd want to see a little more from him to throw a draft pick at him. But the bloodlines and athletic tools are interesting. I could see him drafted.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
...And the Kings just drafted a guy who's an overager who has just played 2 games in 2 years (injured after Covid-season?). But o well... he's 6'7 and 229 lbs.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
...And the Kings just drafted a guy who's an overager who has just played 2 games in 2 years (injured after Covid-season?). But o well... he's 6'7 and 229 lbs.

They also drafted a 6'8" 230lb guy in the 6th round, so certainly some size valuation from there.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

8 points in 3 years of OHL hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad