St-John Ice Caps vs Syracuse Crunch (on RDS on tape delay at 7:30pm EST)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
McCarron is a machine. He's going to be NHL ready soon, but I wouldn't rush him at this time.

I think Holloway, Ghetto and Thomas can all be callup options. If Semin doesn't do well next game, I think the habs should try Holloway. He looks too good for the AHL

agreed, I would think Holloway gets the first call up unless they want to look at someone else in terms of contract like they did with Thomas last year. Since Ghetto has to clear waivers next year maybe they opt to give him a longer look. It will be interesting to see who they chose but if it was just based off who's playing the best it should be Holloway.

How has young Lernout been doing this year? I'd like to see him progress nicely over the next couple years before he gets his chance in the show.

I thought he played one of his better games last night, for the most part he's been ok.

Does Holloway have to go through waivers?

there's no recall waivers any more so it would depend on how long he stayed up.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
In case anyone is watching tonight's game on RDS and wants to discuss it outside the IceCaps thread. Remember anyone posting don't give any details from the current game.

Here's the lineup,

Carr McCarron Thomas
Hudon Dumont Holloway
Gregoire MacMillan Fournier
McNally Miceli

Barberio Ellis
Hanley Dietz
Bennett Lernout
Didier

Fucale

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
In case anyone is watching tonight's game on RDS and wants to discuss it outside the IceCaps thread. Remember anyone posting don't give any details from the current game.

Here's the lineup,

Carr McCarron Thomas
Hudon Dumont Holloway
Gregoire MacMillan Fournier
McNally Miceli

Barberio Ellis
Hanley Dietz
Bennett Lernout
Didier

Fucale
post-31458-Jim-Carrey-disgust-puke-gif-Du-5Lr8.gif

Honestly tho, I hope to eat some crow in 3-4 years for that. But right now I'm hella pessimistic.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Stéphane Leroux is the ****ing worst. He's not there for the play-by-play, he's just there to showcase is knowledge of the Q. Unbelievable.

NewHabsEra*

We can forget about Thomas as a possible future callup.. He is so weak and easy to push off the puck.. The only thing he has is a great shot, its certainly not enough for the NHL..

Both Holloway and Hudon looked good, I would call Holloway first if it doesnt work with Ghetto..

Last edited by a moderator:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Stéphane Leroux is the ****ing worst. He's not there for the play-by-play, he's just there to showcase is knowledge of the Q. Unbelievable.

Hardly surprising. He's made his way as a regular on AC and all he does is bring up obscure factoids about the Q that are mostly irritating. He used his extensive network of patsies to get his son a job on 98.5 FM. His son rattles off minor league nightly scores and point getters, which holds as much interest as what his father spews.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Hardly surprising. He's made his way as a regular on AC and all he does is bring up obscure factoids about the Q that are mostly irritating. He used his extensive network of patsies to get his son a job on 98.5 FM. His son rattles off minor league nightly scores and point getters, which holds as much interest as what his father spews.

I heard about this. Also the quality of his french on Twitter is the one of a 15 years old boy. So annoying.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Holloway will get a call very soon, he's clearly the best forward on the Caps roster. Hudon will too before the season is over. Ghetto got first dib because he's older and they want to get another look at him but I'm sure Bergy and co. know where it's at.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Holloway will get a call very soon, he's clearly the best forward on the Caps roster. Hudon will too before the season is over. Ghetto got first dib because he's older and they want to get another look at him but I'm sure they know where it's at.

Holloway sure has looked good. I was happy to see him hustle and work hard tonight and not let it bother him that the Habs called Getto up and not him. He has been the best Caps player for sure.
I have to believe the Habs are going to call him up. Being 27 and producing at every level he has played at should make the Habs brass crazy with curiosity to find out what he can do in the NHL.

I really have not been impressed by Getto. He disappears to often for me. Most of his success this year has been because he has played with Holloway and Hudon.

NewHabsEra*

Holloway will get a call very soon, he's clearly the best forward on the Caps roster. Hudon will too before the season is over. Ghetto got first dib because he's older and they want to get another look at him but I'm sure Bergy and co. know where it's at.

Well it was my first time watching but based on what I saw, I agree with you on everything.. Ghetto is better to impress cause it could be his last audition, didnt like him at the camp, hopefully he has improved..

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Dont hope too much. Id bet a lot of money hes never getting the call.

Martin St-Pierre, Dumont amongst other AHL lifers have been called up in the past.....you have a better chance at winning the Lotto Max than winning this bet you'd make....but hey, if you got 5000$ you'd like to lose, I'm in!!..:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad