St-John Ice Caps vs Syracuse Crunch (on RDS on tape delay at 7:30pm EST)

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Who's gonna watch it? First AHL game broadcasted by RDS since... the 2005 lock out I think? It will be fun to watch Sherback, Fucale, McCarron, Hudon & cie... plus, I believe the Marlies also have a few good prospects like Nylander and Kapanen

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

hard to say, the lines have been mixed up several times during the terrible road trip. With Scherbak coming back and DLR going out, not sure what they will do since they had DLR at LW and then moved him to Center.

Last game the lineup was,

Carr McCarron Holloway
Hudon DLR Ghetto
McNally Dumont Thomas
Gregoire Eisenschmid Neilson

Barberio Pateyrn
Ellis Dietz
Bennett Lernout

So with Pateryn gone, Ellis should be back on the top pairing and back at his natural RD spot. Hanley I would think would be back in the lineup unless he's injured as I thought it was a bit odd to sit him and play Ellis on his off-side although he didn't seem to have any problems doing that last year so perhaps they just gave Hanley the night off.

Perhaps they move Hudon back to center, would be great if they did a Ghetto Hudon Scherbak line but I could see them moving Thomas up and putting Scherbak with Dumont. I would also prefer they play Gregoire more, flip him with McNally would be my choice as I have been saying to play him with Dumont who I think would be a good linemate to learn from to fit Gregoire's style.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
hard to say, the lines have been mixed up several times during the terrible road trip. With Scherbak coming back and DLR going out, not sure what they will do since they had DLR at LW and then moved him to Center.

Last game the lineup was,

Carr McCarron Holloway
Hudon DLR Ghetto
McNally Dumont Thomas
Gregoire Eisenschmid Neilson

Barberio Pateyrn
Ellis Dietz
Bennett Lernout

So with Pateryn gone, Ellis should be back on the top pairing and back at his natural RD spot. Hanley I would think would be back in the lineup unless he's injured as I thought it was a bit odd to sit him and play Ellis on his off-side although he didn't seem to have any problems doing that last year so perhaps they just gave Hanley the night off.

Perhaps they move Hudon back to center, would be great if they did a Ghetto Hudon Scherbak line but I could see them moving Thomas up and putting Scherbak with Dumont. I would also prefer they play Gregoire more, flip him with McNally would be my choice as I have been saying to play him with Dumont who I think would be a good linemate to learn from to fit Gregoire's style.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Wasn't Holloway LW at the start of the season?

I hope they don't put Scherbak with Dumont again but with Thomas and Ghetto, it will most likely be the case.

How's Lernout? I have high expectations about him. Does he have plenty of TOI even if he plays on the 3rd pairing?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thanks! Much appreciated.

Wasn't Holloway LW at the start of the season?

I hope they don't put Scherbak with Dumont again but with Thomas and Ghetto, it will most likely be the case.

How's Lernout? I have high expectations about him. Does he have plenty of TOI even if he plays on the 3rd pairing?

No Ghetto Hudon Holloway was the line to start the season and they looked great, but the really smart coach we have in the AHL broke the line up after the team started getting crushed on their road trip.

Lernout has been ok, he doesn't get a ton of ice time but he hasn't looked great or bad. Thought he would be more physical but I'm sure he's just adjusting to playing at a higher level.

Should we do a no spoiler on HF or just avoid the site?

When the game starts I will close this thread and re-open it when it's airs on RDS, just don't go to the AHL thread during the game before it airs on RDS if you don't want to know what's happening.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Hey guys was just checking RDS as I wanted to tape this tonight, I noticed it says world junior hockey or something at 730pm. Anyone have confirmation that it is indeed the St Johns game instead? Also does anyone know if the game would be blacked out to out of market RDS subscribers?

appreciate any feedback. thank you.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Hey guys was just checking RDS as I wanted to tape this tonight, I noticed it says world junior hockey or something at 730pm. Anyone have confirmation that it is indeed the St Johns game instead? Also does anyone know if the game would be blacked out to out of market RDS subscribers?

appreciate any feedback. thank you.

U-17 are at 3pm. Seeing the Caps game is on now for 7:30.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Pretty sure they will stream it on Lagriffesportive, but I would prefer a youtube stream too if anyone can share one.

pls :help:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Who's gonna watch it? First AHL game broadcasted by RDS since... the 2005 lock out I think? It will be fun to watch Sherback, Fucale, McCarron, Hudon & cie... plus, I believe the Marlies also have a few good prospects like Nylander and Kapanen

Can't wait to watch McCarron. For the first time I was strongly considering buying an AHL package to be able to watch these games, but I don't think I will now. Those games will be just what the doctor ordered.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lifted from SB Nation:

Top Scorers

Toronto Marlies:

William Nylander 7G, 7A, 14 PTS,
T.J. Brennan 5G, 7A, 12 PTS,
Josh Leivo 3G, 7A,10 PTS

St. John's IceCaps:

STJ: Bud Holloway 4G, 11A, 15 PTS,
Daniel Carr 5G, 7A, 12 PTS,
Michael McCarron 6G, 5A, 11 PTS

Records

TOR: 10-3-0-0, 1st North Division

STJ: 7-5-1-1, 2nd North Division

Scherbak should be back after missing 6 games.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Saint John or St-John =/= St. John's

and the game isn't being played in Toronto, it's in St. Johns, NL.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
''Please do not post or solicit links to illegal game streams.''

Well, that's written near the top of the page...

I don't know if mods are severe or not concerning that, but, well, watch out... (private msg... like... ;) )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad