Confirmed with Link: St. Cloud State D Ethan Prow (8-30-38, 37 GP) signing 2-yr ELC, reporting to WBS

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
With Letang, Maatta, Dumoulin, Pouliot and Schultz on the blueline I wounder who'll be left unprotected for the expansion draft. Trading a 3rd for Schultz was probably a waste since it's very likely he'll get claimed if he's exposed to the draft.

Schultz has been a nice add here but lets be real honest: If all we lose in the expansion draft is Justin Schultz, we will be doing backflips.

Murray is the piece we don't want to lose, and we only lose 1 piece in the expansion unless the league adds 2 teams. That is sounding unlikely.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Schultz has been a nice add here but lets be real honest: If all we lose in the expansion draft is Justin Schultz, we will be doing backflips.

Murray is the piece we don't want to lose, and we only lose 1 piece in the expansion unless the league adds 2 teams. That is sounding unlikely.

:laugh: I'll be doing backflips right along with JR and co.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
He's a big boy and a decent prospect. But part of me kind of wants this move to go through so the rest of you can see the racist morons Sparta's fanbase consists of. :laugh:

To be fair it's not something exclusive to Sparta's fanbase...I had quite the experience with a drunken Litvínov fan at Tesla Arena :laugh:

I've been to a lot of hockey games in my life, but I don't think I've ever been to a game where every single person in attendance was hammered quite like that.

With beer prices like that I was not an exception.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
even if this guy never pans out for the pens, having him in wbs with this exact skillset gives that team a big clubesque offensive defenseman to pair with someone being groomed to play with a more defensive role with the big club. i like having a coherent organization wide philosophy.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
To be fair it's not something exclusive to Sparta's fanbase...I had quite the experience with a drunken Litvínov fan at Tesla Arena :laugh:

I've been to a lot of hockey games in my life, but I don't think I've ever been to a game where every single person in attendance was hammered quite like that.

With beer prices like that I was not an exception.

Well, when water's 80 kc for 330 ml and beer's 32 for 500 ml, what are you gonna drink? :laugh:

But man, the Czechs are a pretty racist group of people and even most Czechs think Sparta's fans are racist lunatics. They're even racist against OTHER CZECHS. :laugh:

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
If his top end speed's as suspect as you say that could be a real obstacle since that's a huge part of our identity now, but maybe some time with pro skating instructors can help him.
In a turnover situation, a speedy forward in a race will likely beat him to the corner.

That's not a dig on his skating agility, which is top notch. His footwork is great.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
In a turnover situation, a speedy forward in a race will likely beat him to the corner.

That's not a dig on his skating agility, which is top notch. His footwork is great.

Good to know. If it looks to be something we can't improve much, maybe we'll pair him with a player with a little better footspeed, a la the Maatta/Letang pairing.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
11. Pittsburgh adds blue-line depth with Ethan Prow, who led all NCAA defenders in scoring. It’s an area they’ve been looking to address. They pursued Swedish free-agent Linus Hultstrom, but he chose the Florida Panthers. On a larger scale, I think the Penguins also dipped their toe in the Dion Phaneuf pool at some point, but there was no way to make the salary work.

12. Prow will join AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on a tryout for the remainder of this year, as his professional contract kicks in for 2016-17 season. Columbus looks like it’s doing the same for Zach Werenski. We’re seeing a few of those, and expansion protection is a huge reason. Teams aren’t just concerned about the possibility of a draft in June 2017. What if Las Vegas (or Quebec City, or Seattle, or China) gets a new team for 2018-19? A player like Prow would be protected for that draft, because he did not “burn” a year of his deal this spring. If the NHL does decide to expand for 2017-18, don’t be surprised if we see some potential contract extensions kept hidden until after that draft, especially for those closing in on unrestricted free agency. What’s better for both club and player? Being exposed as a potential unrestricted free agent, or being exposed with an extension? If you’re happy where you are, the answer is definitely the former. Don’t get taken, then sign your new deal.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-adam-oates-responds-critics/

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
So Prow is a right-handed defenseman who wears number 12?

I'm not sure whether to be worried, or just hope that the jersey number will become available next year! :laugh:

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Vesey would be found money.

Make the same sales pitch the 'Hawks gave Panarin and go from there. They have to be in on this guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad