Speculation: Stéphane Robidas wouldnt mind coming back

JPGoHabsGo

May 30, 2013
:laugh:
We're not a retirement home.

Seriously though, if were going to bring back ex-habs to finish out their careers lets make it only one at a time and someone worth it. We already have Bouillion here right now.

I was always a fan of Frankie but even then its not like he is a great hab or anything. I was a fan of bringing Brisebois in to retire here, I thought that was the right move for him. The only real hab id consider letting come back to retire would be Koivu at this point.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Somebody else on this board put it very well: Can we please stop stocking our roster from the bottom up? Build from the top lines down.

We don't need more 'depth', 'bottom-pairing' guys. If we're on a five year mission to seek out new Cups, let's divert all power to big goal-scoring phasers, Scotty.

How about trading Briere for Robidas?:)

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'd prefer this guy

images

Hal Gill retired

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
One year on the cheap...maybe? when he is UFA (but he'll take more money to play for any other team for a 3 seasons' contract...they usually do).

Tinordi-PK Subban
Emelin-Robidas
Beaulieu-Gorges

p.s.: Robidas is a playoffs warrior...he would help PK Subban. I'd take Robidas for 1-2 yrs when he's UFA (if he's relatively cheap and can still be a playoffs warrior).

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Would be happy to see him acquired for this year if we could send DD the other way... Or perhaps with a lesser wing prospect.

Next year, barring trade, we have:

Subban - gorges
Diaz - emelin
Tinordi - beaulieu

And thats ignoring wether or not markov is back.

Not sure he's a fit at that point unless he's content in depth role & depth salary (cube replacement).

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Why do all these past their primes players always have interest in Montreal only when no one else has any interest in them.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Markov > Robidas

Just my opinion...

Playoffs:
Robidas (warrior)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Markov (not a playoff warrior...never will be)

Regular season:
Markov>>>=Robidas

Injury prone (due to bad luck or other reasons):
Markov>>>>>>>>>>>>Robidas

Still...would have prefered Robidas 2-3 yrs ago...but would take him for 1-2 yrs on the cheap for that great playoff experience he has. I don't want Markov for 5.75mil/year anymore...you should deliver in the playoffs for that salary. The only dman who delivers in a huge way in playoffs for us is the obvious PK Subban (hoping Tinordi will be a playoff warrior in the near future and hope Gorges regains his playoff warrior form).

Last edited:

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Just my opinion...

Playoffs:
Robidas (warrior)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Markov (not a playoff warrior...never will be)

Regular season:
Markov>>>=Robidas

Still...would have prefered Robidas 2-3 yrs ago...but would take him for 1-2 yrs on the cheap for that great playoff experience he has. I don't want Markov for 5.75mil/year anymore...you should deliver in the playoffs for that salary. The only dman who delivers in a huge way in playoffs for us is the obvious PK Subban (hoping Tinordi will be a playoff warrior in the near future and hope Gorges regains his playoff warrior form).

The last time Robidas played a game in the playoffs was five years ago, give me a break. He never won anything in the NHL. He's still maybe a little more warrior than Markov.

Habiton

Apr 30, 2010
Just my opinion...

Playoffs:

Regular season:
Markov>>>=Robidas

Lol says who? Markov is FAR and away the better player in the postseason and regular season. Does anyone view it as a surprise that they year Markov is back our team turned it around. FFS people get a grip.

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
Like others have said, we are no retirement home and have no place for a declining and undersized vet. There's a reason he's still a UFA. Just saying...

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
The last time Robidas played a game in the playoffs was five years ago, give me a break. He never won anything in the NHL. He's still maybe a little more warrior than Markov.

Yep it was 5 yrs ago...but I remember (like yesterday) how much of a warrior Robidas was (11pts in 18games and played solid defense). I've never seen that kind of playoff performance from Markov...not even close. Tired of our Habs paying 5.75mil/year to Markov for no playoff performance...for $5.75mil/year you should be able to be a playoff performer, imo.

But still...I'd only sign Robidas on the cheap (1-2yrs) in 2014.
He might still have some gas left in the tank for several rounds of playoffs. And he's an iron-man (not injury prone)...we need more of that.

Byfuglien:
I'd trade to get the Big Buff, but...the price may be very expensive, so 1-2 yrs of Robidas might not be so bad (actually might be very rewarding for the playoffs).

OR...

to make everyone happy:
sign Markov (on the cheap only) for another season AND Robidas (on the cheap) for 1-2 seasons.

Tinordi-PK Subban
Markov-Robidas
Emelin-Gorges/Diaz
Beaulieu
Ellis
Thrower

Last edited:

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Kinda funny where this has gone. The journalist simply asked him a question from which come an obvious answer. Of course Robidas would love to here after his contract ends in Dallas, I bet he'd be ecstatic to the idea to not be forced to retire and get to play anywhere in the NHL.

Toro

Sep 6, 2005
Windsor
Lol says who? Markov is FAR and away the better player in the postseason and regular season. Does anyone view it as a surprise that they year Markov is back our team turned it around. FFS people get a grip.

Exactly, Montreal comes out of no where and finished 2nd in the EAST!!

Markov is the reason as much as anything else, he had a great season!!

And around here people are already giving him a plane ticket outa town.

p.s. I only take Robidas if we suffer multiple injuries and we brought up all our good AHL guys and needed another body

Last edited by a moderator:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Just my opinion...

Playoffs:

Regular season:
Markov>>>=Robidas

This has got to be a joke. No Robidas the dude is old and not what the Habs need today, let alone next summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad