Speculation: Stéphane Robidas wouldnt mind coming back

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
More washed up players looking for a free ride, feels like we are in gaineys heydays all over again.

He led the Dallas defense in hits (Would of been #1 on the Habs defense, 136 to Emelins 110 + 10 games missed)
He led the Dallas defense in blocked shots (Would of been #2 on the Habs defense, 93 to Gorges 116 and Markovs 60)
The least amount of giveways of any Dallas defense pro rated to 48 games (Tied with Gorges with the Habs lead)

Maybe he is not in his prime anymore, but he is solid enough to warrant a spot in the NHL.

PunkinDrublic*

Cheap I wouldnt mind him. He's very versatile, he have a bit of size. Decent bottom-pairing guy in my opinion. A lot like Gorges.

Keep in mind Bouillon will be gone and perhaps Markov too.

OMG the fans have officially lost it.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Well in Bouillon place I wouldn't care, but I'm kind of bore seeing players from Quebec gaining real genuine interest in Mtl when they're has been only (to be fair though he's a guy that Mtl lost).

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I see he's eyeing Boullion's spot as undersized bottom pairing D.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
When the Habs start making the SC reign again, Vinny will be right there clamoring for a center spot. Bergevin will sign him and quickly dispatch him to the Habs new farm team in Siberia, the Reindeer's keep your head down Vinny.:laugh:

Analyzer*

If this was his last year, I'd much rather him than Bouillon.

There's actually 100s of dman I'd prefer over Bouillon.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If this was his last year, I'd much rather him than Bouillon.

There's actually 100s of dman I'd prefer over Bouillon.

I'd prefer this guy

images

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
They always want to "come home" when they are well over 30 and their contract is running out, eh?

He's better than Boullion (duh), in fact he's still pretty decent, but I wouldn't give up anything for him.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I do not want to win from players from the past....we had him and we lost him.
But you can never have enough D-man
I would bring him back, not because he wants to retire a hab. He still is a good d-man. He is older so he can fill in at any role. We need depth guys!!!
Do you really think we will stay health all season long????????????
You have already witnessed what happened last season when we lost top guys....it is not easy to fill those spots with young AHL players.
If it was possible I would love to see the habs have 8 NHL proven D-man on there roster....not matter how good you THINK THEY ARE.
Players with experience keep the team winning....when you call up AHL you never KNOW how they will do.

Habblues

Dec 19, 2008
Sec 9 Fredericton NB
YES !!!! i`ve said this before and i`ll say it again. When both he and Bouillon played together here in Fredericton during their AHL days , they were FANTASTIC together....They brought out the best in each other and had unexplainable chemistry on the ice. Especially on the PP......I was shocked that the Habs never gave those two a chance to play together in the NHL. Only once.. in new Jersey.. and they were the two stars of the game. He still has lots left in the tank and is proud to wear the CH.....Bye bye Drewski,,,,Now that`s just a sad D man. He`d be lucky to crack the Dogs.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
Shouldn't have left in the first place. But now?!?! Too little too late.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Robidas at 1,5M$ i'm ok with that next year maybe Bouillon, Drewiske and Markov will be done I would mind Robidas as teacher/brother role with Beaulieu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad