SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hounds99

Jan 19, 2024
Sit Brown next time. Great kid but unfortunately major bust! Gotta keep Santino in line up. He strong and goes hard.

Cloutier non existent since moved down the line up....shouldn't be playing there ...but needed to be done because unfortunately we are lacking the depth needed here.

No team has won 2 in a row. Interesting to see what happens here.

Boys must be full throttle the next 6 periods. Let of the gas. We are done.

hounds99

Jan 19, 2024
hes definitely torching his hometown. raftis doesn't seem to shop local. still pissed we missed out on matier.
Yeah Holmes over matier was a major bust too. He only seems to shop local when he wants to pay respect to hounds alumni..

Houndzfan

Dec 9, 2017
I don’t mean to rag on the boys, but man oh man we make the game extra difficult for ourselves with poor passing.

It leads to extra scares in our end and kills productivity in the other, makes o-zone entries tough. Wasted energy…

We’re not ideally built for dump’n’chase…

It’s the second round of the playoffs and the passing should be better.

Saginaw is pretty good positionally, and Guelph was ok in that regard, but the multitude of unforced bad passes had my bp escalating.
The poor passing was a result of bad ice :)

We'll come back and win in 7

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sit Brown next time. Great kid but unfortunately major bust! Gotta keep Santino in line up. He strong and goes hard.

Cloutier non existent since moved down the line up....shouldn't be playing there ...but needed to be done because unfortunately we are lacking the depth needed here.

No team has won 2 in a row. Interesting to see what happens here.

Boys must be full throttle the next 6 periods. Let of the gas. We are done.
Brown did come up with a big defensive stop in the 3rd, impressed me.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
No choice but to take care of business at home now. The stress of an elimination game will be there. I do believe, this team has what it will take, to win game 6. But let's all keep in mind, Saginaw is also a good team, and has what it takes to win 1 road game. Of course, hoping not Sunday! Let's Go Hounds. We're all behind you.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
The key for the Soo is protecting the house. If Schenkel gets beat early and then gets a bit shaky it could be all over. I think it will go back to Saginaw but the home team will take it in 7.

Reactions: Gouin Street

HoundFan

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Just back from Saggy, my thoughts on the game.

19 on Spirit should be suspended. Cross check to head on little Hayes was attempt to injure.
Charlie was outstanding. Carried the Hounds through the Saggy push at the start the game.
Our leaders are leading and playing hard.
Love the way Evans is progressing.
Karki needs to be better defensively.
** Hounds were not physical, which surprised me. Need to pound Saggy D on dump in’s with every chance as an example.
19 on Saggy is injured. Playing fewer minutes, on for offence situations only. Then getting off quickly.

One game at a time, let’s concentrate on game 6.

Reactions: Sakic fan

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Does anyone else feel like it’s time to scratch Brown? Fantino can be effective. It’s do or die..

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
Does anyone else feel like it’s time to scratch Brown? Fantino can be effective. It’s do or die..
I was telling the wife that last night brown is good but to me he shys away from any contact, Fantino is the grinding type that also has skill

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Brown is fine as long as he isn't on the 3rd line. He was fine on line 2 when Beck was absent, and he's fine on the rookie line 4.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Wow, that's what I call d-e-p-t-h.
Depth has certainly been advantage for us, but it's not enough if our top guys can't capitalize on their chances. Their failure to do so has been one of the main storylines of this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad