SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Hey guys, going to be making the trip up to the Sault via the Tobermory/Manitoulin Ferry this coming weekend. Just wanted to touch base if there was any must stop places to eat, and if there's anything I should know about the route (just so I don't run late to get the Ferry back). Plan on hitting up Northern Superior to get some beer to bring back.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Clattenburg no longer showing on Ottawa's roster
Karki no longer showing on Vegas's roster
Gibson no longer showing on Detroit's roster

McConnell-Barker still showing on New York Ranger's roster
Kudryavtsev still showing on Vancouver's roster

All reports were that Rangers trimmed down to 48 and Bryce McConnell-Barker was being sent back. On NHL.com their roster is showing with only 48 players but Bryce McConnell-Barker is still listed. Strange.
Re: Kirill Kudryavtsev:

Hey guys, going to be making the trip up to the Sault via the Tobermory/Manitoulin Ferry this coming weekend. Just wanted to touch base if there was any must stop places to eat, and if there's anything I should know about the route (just so I don't run late to get the Ferry back). Plan on hitting up Northern Superior to get some beer to bring back.

I've never used the ferry. I'm always going to say Aurora's west side( Second Line West), but if you're looking for a downtown eatery there is a lot. This could help you! My favorite place downtown personally would be Stackburger, but it's not a big place! Great place for smashburgers!

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I definitely recommend checking out Outspoken Brewery just a block away from the Gardens. Also, consider grabbing a couple 6-packs from Manitoulin Brewing Company on the way through if they are open.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo

My favourite food is Antico Ristorante but it's fine dining and not cheap. Theres dozens of good Italian joints if that's your thing... Pretty standard steak joints (The Mill, North 82) if that's your thing... and some tasty greasy spoon diners if that's your thing. And for breakfast there's always "Breakfast Pig" if you have a big appetite in the morning! Fall colours are in swing north of town so a drive up the Searchmont Highway should be beautiful! Let us know any more specific questions and I'm sure our posters will all help you find what you're looking for!

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Also, if you want a burger, bring your passport and run across to West Pier. Great homemade burger and it's a drive in! Just pull up and stay in your car and they will serve you at your car.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Spencer Evans update: went back to Brad Coccimiglio's live blog from the 10-6 win vs. Saginaw, and Spencer Evans is listed as injured.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
I definitely recommend checking out Outspoken Brewery just a block away from the Gardens. Also, consider grabbing a couple 6-packs from Manitoulin Brewing Company on the way through if they are open.
I may be short on time, so I'm not sure if I will get to both. If you had to pick one, which one would you say is the better on in terms of having good stuff to take back home?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
You can get singles at Outspoken so it's pretty easy to grab a few of everything, however sometimes their selection is limited. I think Manitoulin is minimum quantity 6 packs so you might risk getting stuck with 5 more beer of something you didn't care for.

Outspoken is my go-to craft brewery, but I realize everyone has different tastes. Not a bad place to have a pre-game beer either. Might even run into some fans there.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
regarding beer i'd concur with HP. Northern Superior has a neat taproom but if you're into true "craft" beer, outspoken is a little more "exotic" regarding the beer styles they produce where Northern Superior is perhaps a little more comparable to some domestic/import brands.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
That should be everyone back for the season opener then. Pretty sure BMB is back and it's just an error on the NYR roster. He's listed as being back on eliteprospects as well.

Reactions: HF92

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Any word on Beck and Karki?
Beck never went to main camp, I expect him to suit up for the opener.

Karki is no longer listed on the Vegas roster so I suspect he is back, although haven't been able to find a release about it.

I know this SHOULDNT make me mad but it does... 0-4 Saginaw, losing twice to SSM, ranked number 2....
Saginaws rookies losing to SSM rookies in the preseason doesn't mean much.

Reactions: HF92 and DWI Dale

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Reactions: HockeyPops

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Reactions: nelli27

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I am most surprised that they have 8 teams from the East ranked ahead of the Soo. But we are going to have perhaps our toughest schedule ever this season, as all the teams geographically close to us that we play a lot should be good. It might be tough collecting points and climbing the standings this year.

Reactions: dirty12 and HF92

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i likely wouldn't rank us that low but at the same time our forward core last year didn't give them much reason to rank them among the upper echelon.

there's no point in getting butthurt about pre-season results or meaningless rankings, the only thing that matters is where we stand in March.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Vegas plays the second half of a b2b tonight, then a day off tomorrow. I suspect they are waiting for their day off to trim their roster.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I am most surprised that they have 8 teams from the East ranked ahead of the Soo. But we are going to have perhaps our toughest schedule ever this season, as all the teams geographically close to us that we play a lot should be good. It might be tough collecting points and climbing the standings this year.
There will be 4-5 teams from the east finish middle 10-11 and better.
But SSM, Erie, Flint are all too low imo. London & Ottawa a bit high.
Mississauga at 8 is shocking. Only Oshawa might have worse 19-20 yr olds.

Reactions: HF92

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
owen beck should be dealt from Peteborough this year to re-coup some picks.
maybe the hounds should pounce first before saginaw does.
two becks on either side of Bryce McConnel Barker would make a dominant line.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
owen beck should be dealt from Peteborough this year to re-coup some picks.
maybe the hounds should pounce first before saginaw does.
two becks on either side of Bryce McConnel Barker would make a dominant line.
O.Beck is 100% any OHL team’s all-purpose centre. He doesn’t need the top wingers to be the leagues best defensive forward and top face-off guy while putting up 85+ pts

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I made a mock trade offer on the Petes page that @Section5Petes seemed to like!

Christopher Brown (2006 born, 1st round pick 2022 draft)
Matthew Virgilio (2006 born, 4th round pick 2022 draft, was going NCAA but committed to the Soo)
2024 2nd round pick
2024 2nd round pick FLNT
2025 3rd round pick SAG
2026 3rd round pick KGN
2024 4th round pick NB

For Beck and Konnor Smith.

I believe this would leave the Soo with 2 2nds, 1 3rd and 6 4ths still.

Reactions: Section5Petes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad