SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Alright so I had some time and was bored lol

I put the 23/24 schedule into alphabetical order of opponents and colour-coded the starting times. Lemme know if you see any mistakes. I've honestly never really used sheets before.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-gZsghmFKuszFT.jpg

Being down south for sure makes thing much, much easier. But IMO, we have put together a really good program over the last 10-12 years and I'm hoping that one trade wouldn't affect a kid reporting. I honestly can't remember the last time a kid wouldn't report from either trade or draft. Excluding American flier picks.

Good debate
It was Jordan Mayer.

Last edited:

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
The indigenous themed jerseys for the Bawating Greyhounds are sick! Probably my favourite themed jersey I've seen. Time to break out the credit card. Great job hounds!

View attachment 746308
Those are absolutely amazing! I really hope the Petes do an Indigenous themed jersey this season

I totally disagree with this. 5 minutes in your rookie year in the Memorial Cup, or 15 minutes in your rookie year on the London Knights who are trying to also win the Memorial Cup? I disagree.. Aiden Young is in a position to play in the Memorial Cup 100% today.

If you want to talk about the long haul, Aiden Young is in a better position to wait it out a year and have MORE ice time in Saginaw than anywhere else in the next two years... Saginaw will need to sell off its big asset and Youngs icetime will increase. If im Young, im not moving. The only variable I think of is family, being from London and played in London.

I do agree that people think players use NTCs more than they actually do but in this situation, i totally disagree with what you're saying specifically about Aiden Young.

Disclaimer: Seeing Stephen Colbert pop up on my screen makes me so mad, but laugh at the same time LOL @Kingpin794
Young would look quite good in maroon and white though:laugh::laugh:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I am not sure they do. Beck is an excellent two way forward but London already plays a pretty disciplined defensive game. They need to add a dynamic offensive forward. Not that Beck won't get points, but I think they look for a different piece that probably costs less than Beck.

Reactions: HF92

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
what's their cupboards look like? still think they aren't gonna go hard after Beck?
London only has three 3rds and two 2nds in the next four drafts (the picks you can trade). I don’t see many big moves on London’s horizon unless they get creative and/or make their two 06 forwards available that tore up GOJHL (O’Reilly, Nicholl) last year. Don’t see that happening given Hunter’s history. Sorry to hijack your thread. Hounds look good this year. Cheers.

Reactions: DWI Dale and HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I'm not talking down on Charlie here. I've been a supporter for a while and I think he has the tools to be elite, for sure.

I'm worried about if Charlie gets hurt. What happens then?

I don't buy it for a second that SSM won't be looking to add a goalie in some form.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
London only has three 3rds and two 2nds in the next four drafts (the picks you can trade). I don’t see many big moves on London’s horizon unless they get creative and/or make their two 06 forwards available that tore up GOJHL (O’Reilly, Nicholl) last year. Don’t see that happening given Hunter’s history. Sorry to hijack your thread. Hounds look good this year. Cheers.
I thought you could trade further than the next 2 drafts?

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
two players that would be great if you're going to go on a run would be Beck and Nelson.

not sure we have enough 3rd rounders at this point...

but i'd throw something like these;

Owen Beck
for
Brown (06)
2nd - 2024
2nd - 2026
3rd 2025
3rd - 2026
4th 2024

Ty Nelson
for
Virgilio (06)
Kostov (06)
2nd - 2024
2nd - 2027
3rd - need to acquire one lol, or maybe kostov and virgilio are enough with no 3rd?
4th - 2024

hate to lose 3 06's but if you can add those two players to the existing bunch, i think we'd have a great shot at going all in. and i've preached....if you're gonna go, go all in.

the playoff experience both of those guys have would be exponential.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
two players that would be great if you're going to go on a run would be Beck and Nelson.

not sure we have enough 3rd rounders at this point...

but i'd throw something like these;

Owen Beck
for
Brown (06)
2nd - 2024
2nd - 2026
3rd 2025
3rd - 2026
4th 2024

Ty Nelson
for
Virgilio (06)
Kostov (06)
2nd - 2024
2nd - 2027
3rd - need to acquire one lol, or maybe kostov and virgilio are enough with no 3rd?
4th - 2024

hate to lose 3 06's but if you can add those two players to the existing bunch, i think we'd have a great shot at going all in. and i've preached....if you're gonna go, go all in.

the playoff experience both of those guys have would be exponential.

I can see Saginaw pushing for Ty and Dom in North Bay as well. IF they decide to even sell....

Maybe it's the Homer in me but I find that Owen Beck would fit best in SSM. I think in Christopher Brown you have an established OHL player that you know can come in play and make an impact right away and the coming years. Let's get it done!
I thought you could trade further than the next 2 drafts?

4 drafts. 4 years. 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad