SSM Greyhounds 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndzfan

Dec 9, 2017
Toughest decision is deciding who is going to break the news to Tony Bonniferro that he should give up the dream. Wow - just wow.
With all due respect, I think he's doing a good job. He found a way to bring scrimmages to us. Is he a professional play by play announcer? No, but I appreciate what he's doing. Keep up the good work Tony!

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Looked like Montroy was wearing a half visor, I suspect he has made the team.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
What happened to Constantinou? Is he signing an AHL deal somewhere or getting moved? He is more than good enough to be an OA in the OHL next year and would get a solid return in a trade.

Houndzfan

Dec 9, 2017
Reactions: SeaOfBlue

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Speaking of OAs, they all looked even better than I expected they would during the scrimmages. Carroll, Kartye, Johnston, MacKay, and Calisti all dominated out there. 02s looked great too. I think this team is going to surprise the league with how good they are.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Speaking of OAs, they all looked even better than I expected they would during the scrimmages. Carroll, Kartye, Johnston, MacKay, and Calisti all dominated out there. 02s looked great too. I think this team is going to surprise the league with how good they are.
I completely agree with this take. I was surprised on numerous occasions at how “complete” a lot of players looked without seeing any sort of system established yet.
I am curious to see how the goalie situation plays out. I have been incredibly impressed with Ivanov. I have also been impressed with Coulter even though I had assumed Schenkle would be the guy to get the nod. At this point, I could see Ivanov holding down #1 and possibly Coulter at #2.
Thoughts?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Schenkel has looked good too, and other than Thursday night's scrimmage I thought Donaldson showed well. I think we will be ok in net, however this shakes out.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Rosters for the Sudbury Wolves and Soo Greyhounds for this afternoon's exhibition game. Feels good to say its GAMEDAY!

Attachments

• rosters.PNG
    rosters.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: HockeyPops

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I was trying to watch the defensemen as much as I could yesterday since Gibson is the only right shot.

Calisti - barely played the right
Carlisle - played a bit on the right
Brzustowski - played a bit on the right
Toms - played some on the right
Holmes - played quite a bit on right

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
It's a tough choice. I think Billy is on the move. I think Robert and Cole stay. It may come down to what teams are willing to pay for Tye/Alex/Joe. Joe has been with the team a long time though, so like I said it's a tough call.

Reactions: sbpointer and LDN

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
it is tough...is our goaltending strong enough to go with one OA d? or do you go with 2?
do we have enough scoring to go with 1 OA forward or do we need the 2?
do we trade an OA forward for an experienced tender?

so many scenarios haha.

glad i'm not in charge

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I don't think you can go with 2 OA D. You have one OA plus O'Rourke to anchor your top pairing. You have Holmes who is drafted, plus Toms and Kudryavtsev who have a shot at getting drafted and need playing time in second pairing. Too much of a logjam there if you keep 2 OA D. IMO.

Reactions: LDN

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Slow moving OA market, seems a few teams with 0-1 OA will just wait to claim for free or trade for nearly free

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think slow oa market was to be expected. Many teams still don't know what they have, let alone what everyone else has and how they stack up.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think slow oa market was to be expected. Many teams still don't know what they have, let alone what everyone else has and how they stack up.

for sure, but the 4-5 teams with 0-1 OA know if Morgan, or any above average extra OA from Soo, Hamilton, Barrie would be beneficial. And I expect every team had a pre-determined range of where their team might be.
I think the slow moving OA market is more about a new undetermined market value for OAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad