SSM Greyhounds 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Great article on SooToday by Brad Coccimiglio with lots of great info about the hounds offseason.

Greyhounds add goaltender as overage spots take shape - SooToday.com
With goaltender Matthew Villalta likely turning pro in the Los Angeles Kings organization, Raftis did say that he has not been told for certain that the netminder would be turning pro, but the Greyhounds made the move to acquire Propp to assure the team was in a good position as Villalta looks to make the jump to pro hockey.
With one overage spot still open, Raftis said the team will consider potential offers to fill the spot.

“We’ve had conversations and that’s how Christian became available,” Raftis said. “We’re definitely not against adding another overage but it’s got to be the right fit. It’s not going to be somebody that we’re adding just so we can be older.”
Roman Pucek’s status with the team wasn’t confirmed.

“We’re playing around with a few different scenarios but if he’s not going to be returning, we’ll make our selection,” Raftis said. “With our forward-base that we’re returning, we’ll see how it trends. We don’t have to make any decisions until the week after the NHL draft so it’s still wide-open. At the same time, looking at the depth at some positions and the players that become available through the draft, that’s going to impact our decision-making.”
The team has continued to talk with 2017 pick John Beecher and 2018 pick Cole Caufield, both Americans with commitments to U.S. universities. Beecher is committed to the University of Michigan while Caufield is committed to Wisconsin.

Raftis said the team has kept in contact with both players but signing them is something that isn’t close.

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
I'm going to take a crack at the roster next year :)I've added Barrett not in lines just by their position

*NHL
**Traded
*** Someone who will make the team but not signed yet

LW
Zackary Trott
Cullen McLean
Joseph Caroll
Tanner Dickinson
Marc Boudreau
Finn Brown***
C
Rory Kerins
Barrett Hayton*(NHL probs)
Alex Johnston
Tyson Tomasini***
Jordan D'Intino***
Import
RW
Cole MacKay
Dominic Mufarreh
Jaromir Pytlik
Kalvyn Watson
Ryan Roth
Brett Jacklin**(Will be released or traded)
Jaden Peca

D
Jacob Holmes
Holden Wale
Drew Wawrow
Ryan O'Rourke
Jacob LeGuerrier
Robert Calisti
Cole McGuire***
Matthew Halushak***
G
Ethan Taylor
Christian Propp
Luca Di Pasquo***
Owen Parker*** Leading NCAA

Wild Cards Depends on NHL teams
Cole Caufield
John Beecher

We will add a Import Maybe A Center

Last edited:

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Then you know more then I do I would guess. I have just heard a passing tidbit about driving him to Des Moines for camp, so I figured he wasn't going to the Soo camp.

Surprised it only cost a 15th rounder for Propp, must be some more conditions?

He was commited to Des Moines last year. He was in Toronto for that camp. So we will see what happens but I don't think he is a Greyhound.

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
I'm going to take a crack at the roster next year :)I've added Barrett not in lines just by their position

*NHL
**Traded
*** Someone who will make the team but not signed yet

LW
Zackary Trott
Cullen McLean
Joseph Caroll
Tanner Dickinson
Marc Boudreau
Finn Brown***
C
Rory Kerins
Barrett Hayton*(NHL probs)
Alex Johnston
Tye Kartye
Tyson Tomasini***
Jordan D'Intino***
Import
RW
Cole MacKay
Dominic Mufarreh
Jaromir Pytlik
Kalvyn Watson
Ryan Roth
Brett Jacklin**(Will be released or traded)
Jaden Peca

D
Jacob Holmes
Holden Wale
Drew Wawrow
Ryan O'Rourke
Jacob LeGuerrier
Robert Calisti
Cole McGuire***
Matthew Halushak***
G
Ethan Taylor
Christian Propp
Luca Di Pasquo***
Owen Parker*** Leading NCAA

Wild Cards Depends on NHL teams
Cole Caufield
John Beecher

We will add a Import Maybe A Center

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Import needs to be a defenseman. O'Rourke and LeGuerrier are the only legit top 4 D we have. We are hoping Holmes becomes one, and Wale can play there in a pinch, but we really need to beef up the D.

Also, where is Tye Kartye?

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Import needs to be a defenseman. O'Rourke and LeGuerrier are the only legit top 4 D we have. We are hoping Holmes becomes one, and Wale can play there in a pinch, but we really need to beef up the D.

Wale was really impressive late in the regular season and in the playoffs. I think that he will justify a top 4 spot in the coming season even if we add more depth.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com

With depth up front you will see a move too.

Tye should be here?

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Draft is soon. Cole Caufield / Johnny Beecher

You want those guys to go to a team that has SSM influence. Philly for Caufield would be perfect.....

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
If that's the case i hope it's not Detroit that takes Caufield since Yzerman was the GM in Tampa when Raddysh and Katchouck were running amok that year. How is the Hounds relationship with Buffalo as i keep seeing him being mocked to them alot?

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
If that's the case i hope it's not Detroit that takes Caufield since Yzerman was the GM in Tampa when Raddysh and Katchouck were running amok that year. How is the Hounds relationship with Buffalo as i keep seeing him being mocked to them alot?

Buffalo or Philly would be ideal..they both have higher chances of him going to OHL then returning to NCAA. The issue is these guys use that extra year at NCAA as a way to skip burning that first year contract...

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Peter Ruicci Appreciation Post

I just want to take a moment to comment on how much I appreciate Peter Ruicci's reporting on the Greyhounds. He always seems to pry a new piece of information from Raftis or Dean or whoever he is interviewing, and he addresses whatever pressing issues our fanbase wants answers to. Also it helps me through the dog days of summer when I see new content from him on the Sault Star website (yes, it is summer).

Keep up the great work, Peter!

:thumbu:

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Peter Ruicci Appreciation Post

I just want to take a moment to comment on how much I appreciate Peter Ruicci's reporting on the Greyhounds. He always seems to pry a new piece of information from Raftis or Dean or whoever he is interviewing, and he addresses whatever pressing issues our fanbase wants answers to. Also it helps me through the dog days of summer when I see new content from him on the Sault Star website (yes, it is summer).

Keep up the great work, Peter!

:thumbu:

I worked with Peter years ago.

Class act in all respects.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
What was 'our way'?
I believe the reference was to the drafting of Cole Caufield or Jack Beecher to a Greyhound friendly organization. One that may wish to see their first rounder develop in the OHL rather than follow through with their commitment to NCAA.

louis

Apr 3, 2014
Just LeGuerrier
I am totally disappointed with this draft. The pre draft numbers were out to lunch, to say the least. I feel so sorry for the 2 guys who were led down the garden path. I cannot imagine how they feel right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad