Blue Jays Discussion: Spring Training Madness the 1st: Canada/USA (WBC) Sunday @ 4pm ET/1pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Would've Izzy Alcantra'd the catcher, bodyslammed the pitcher and then just helmet whipped the ump for the hell of it.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I've never seen that many punches thrown in a baseball brawl. Not that I can remember anyway

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I've never seen that many punches thrown in a baseball brawl. Not that I can remember anyway

Agreed usually they walk out have a few words coaches hold guys back and they get on with it.

But not the Canadians. We don't do anything for show. I'm proud of those guys tn, they didn't start it but they finished it. Bush league by Mexico as well as the few select fans who chose to paint all Mexican baseball fans as hooligans.

This might be just what they needed to have them come together for a big game tpmorrow

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
:laugh: pbp for USA-Italy, on Italy's success so far:

"It's been quite the cinderella magic carpet ride"

Mixing your metaphors there, chief. Either that or his pre-game ritual is to read Grimm Fairy Tales while rocking out to Steppenwolf.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I really hope that the US loses tonight. Not because I necessarily want them to lose, but because I'm going to a hockey game tomorrow afternoon and I'll miss the entire WBC game.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
By the way, our starter tomorrow is Jameson Taillon, the 2010 2nd overall pick, behind Bryce Harper, by the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
This whole thing with Italy makes me wonder if a team with all A+ and AA players could win in the majors because of lack of familiarity of them by their opponents.

I figure 162 games is long enough for people to figure a team out, but I think about how most teams will play each other a max of about 20 times, and I start to wonder just maybe...

Of course, in reality, it's probably true that the lack of real talent these guys have would be cancelled out by the talent of the big leaguers regardless, but it makes me wonder if familiarity or lack thereof, really is that important to success in the Majors.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
This whole thing with Italy makes me wonder if a team with all A+ and AA players could win in the majors because of lack of familiarity of them by their opponents.

I figure 162 games is long enough for people to figure a team out, but I think about how most teams will play each other a max of about 20 times, and I start to wonder just maybe...

Of course, in reality, it's probably true that the lack of real talent these guys have would be cancelled out by the talent of the big leaguers regardless, but it makes me wonder if familiarity or lack thereof, really is that important to success in the Majors.

Could be part of it.

I also think alot of it has to do with the fact that the minor leaguers or prospects are in much better shape at this time of year.

The major leaguers have been to ST plenty of times, they have spots locked up and nothing to worry about. A guy like Green or Orr and even Saunders have reasons to be hungry and come into ST in top shape to make an impact and impress somebody.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
By the way, our starter tomorrow is Jameson Taillon, the 2010 2nd overall pick, behind Bryce Harper, by the Pittsburgh Pirates.

awww balls. I wanted to see him pitch. Maybe we could see another Adam Loewen in 05 style performance.

Well, time to fire up the DVR.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Damn, juuuuuuuuust foul.

I know these parks are generally larger than most, but man there's been very few homers so far.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This just might be the nerdiest thing I've ever posted on here (and believe me, that's saying a lot :laugh:), but I assure you it's baseball related. And awesome.

It answers one of life's great questions: What if a pitcher threw a baseball at 90% the speed of light?

http://what-if.xkcd.com/1/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad