Blue Jays Discussion: Spring Training Madness the 1st: Canada/USA (WBC) Sunday @ 4pm ET/1pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Nice play be DeRosa! Jays escape with Yanks on every base.
Trying really hard to make sure he's in the Opening Day line-up, I see!

BTW... Adam Lind's spring isn't a fluke. Get used to it with his old hitting coach back! No more horrible swings, I love it. He's hitting for contact again and it's beautiful.

Are people pretty sure Blanco is going to be the opening day back-up?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Well, he hasn't been good, but neither has Morrow or Dickey.

But Happ has been the second best starter this spring behind Johnson.

Seeing him or Loup go down will hurt. Both deserve to be in the majors.

The difference is that Happ is a MLB pitcher. Reyes is a bum.

Happ has been pretty lucky with all these baserunners. Aside from Morrow's first outing against the Tigers, I'm not sure how you can think he's been bad at ST. At this point it's been JJ, Morrow, Happ, Dickey, Buehrle, then Romero.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
With all the players we have , how in the world does mccoy have a job with the jays? What do they see? Hes brutal and we have many others better. Unbelievable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
With all the players we have , how in the world does mccoy have a job with the jays? What do they see? Hes brutal and we have many others better. Unbelievable.
Are you kidding?

The guy is a AAA player with a great attitude. Those are exactly the kind of guys you want in your organization.

Happ has been pretty lucky with all these baserunners. Aside from Morrow's first outing against the Tigers, I'm not sure how you can think he's been bad at ST. At this point it's been JJ, Morrow, Happ, Dickey, Buehrle, then Romero.
Happ, as far as I recall, has been more consistent. Morrow has looked better and better, but I had Happ edging him on consistency. Happ will never be as dominate as Morrow or Johnson, but he's the kind of pitcher that will give you consistent innings.

3-0 yanks
I missed it.. Cecil still in? If it is, at this point, I just send him down regardless if he gets picked up by another team. Loup gives this team a much better chance to win out of the pen.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Are you kidding?

The guy is a AAA player with a great attitude. Those are exactly the kind of guys you want in your organization.

Happ, as far as I recall, has been more consistent. Morrow has looked better and better, but I had Happ edging him on consistency. Happ will never be as dominate as Morrow or Johnson, but he's the kind of pitcher that will give you consistent innings.

I missed it.. Cecil still in? If it is, at this point, I just send him down regardless if he gets picked up by another team. Loup gives this team a much better chance to win out of the pen.

Cecil was in for the triple.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
heads up: I'm gonna start a fresh thread as soon as the Jays game is over.

Might as well not have to interrupt the WBC talk by having to shut down this thread and move on in just 15 or so posts.

EDIT: 12 posts. :laugh:

also wanted to pass this along before we move on:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/gold-glove-awards-take-another-step-forward

Gold Gloves are going to have a statistical component to the decision process moving forward, and Rawlings is partnering with SABR to help try and develop a newer, better, more complete defensive metric called SABR Defensive Index (SDI). Good on them. We need something that's more reliable and more universally acceptable than the mishmash of UZR and DRS and traditional stats like fielding % or errors.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Does Gose have any chance making this roster over a healthy Rasmus heading back to TO?

He's been unbelievably impressive, and Rasmus has been average, but I'm not sure you have room on the bench to have Rasmus there and Gose playing. :dunno:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Does Gose have any chance making this roster over a healthy Rasmus heading back to TO?

He's been unbelievably impressive, and Rasmus has been average, but I'm not sure you have room on the bench to have Rasmus there and Gose playing. :dunno:

Probably not. Rasmus wouldn't sit on the bench and couldn't be sent down, and it's not fair to Gose to leave him on the bench either when he could be getting useful innings of work in Buffalo.

But if Rasmus sucks to open the season and Gose is lighting it up, we could see things change before long. Anything is possible.

New thread up in a couple minutes.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada

No, zero chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->