Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Oh wow. It's been a long time...

upload_2021-6-26_7-56-28.png

A lot has changed on hf.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I absolutely hate the Asian concept of saving face ie it's ok to straight up lie or not accept responsibility for your actions. Last night around 10pm I go to the kitchen put some hamburger I was defrosting into the fridge to be cooked this morning. I notice the garbage was lacking a bag so I put a new one in the can.
Fast forward to 7am this morning, go to the fridge notice it's open, defrosted during the night, condensation on all the shelves so happened last night. The new 1.5l of coke had been opened, the new garbage bag has an empty pineapple juice can + cookie and toblerone wrappers (noticed this because put the hamburger wrapper into the can).
The gf brother comes into the kitchen while I'm cooking, tell him he left the fridge door open again. Says it wasn't him. I go, so you didn't drink the coke n pineapple juice nor eat cookies and chocolate last night. He says no. I said wasn't your sister, she slept the entire night, wasn't me so who was it. He then says it must have been a robber.

Fortunately just bidding my time before I leave as Duterte is making vax shots mandatory with jail time for noncompliance, so will be relocating to Thailand in the next few months
An apology would be a much better way to save face than a lie that a four year old would tell...

Which part(s) of Thailand are you considering?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I absolutely hate the Asian concept of saving face ie it's ok to straight up lie or not accept responsibility for your actions. Last night around 10pm I go to the kitchen put some hamburger I was defrosting into the fridge to be cooked this morning. I notice the garbage was lacking a bag so I put a new one in the can.
Fast forward to 7am this morning, go to the fridge notice it's open, defrosted during the night, condensation on all the shelves so happened last night. The new 1.5l of coke had been opened, the new garbage bag has an empty pineapple juice can + cookie and toblerone wrappers (noticed this because put the hamburger wrapper into the can).
The gf brother comes into the kitchen while I'm cooking, tell him he left the fridge door open again. Says it wasn't him. I go, so you didn't drink the coke n pineapple juice nor eat cookies and chocolate last night. He says no. I said wasn't your sister, she slept the entire night, wasn't me so who was it. He then says it must have been a robber.

Fortunately just bidding my time before I leave as Duterte is making vax shots mandatory with jail time for noncompliance, so will be relocating to Thailand in the next few months

Why would you not want to get the shot?

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Duarte's stated ivermectin option would be okay but no choice of delivery system is curious.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
So I got that offer of representation, replied that I was definitely interested, asked 5 pretty basic questions, and have not heard back yet. :-/

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Bout blew a gasket and think I'm turning into my dad.

Rainy season, 80F outside so just beautiful

The gf brother walks kitchen wearing hoodie and sweats, but very Filipino thing

On my way outside to the porch to enjoy the chill, I pass by his open door and notice the artic blast. Quick glance and his aircon is set at 17C

Now stuck stewing over it as gf went to a resort for a few days to celebrate her friend's birthday, and can't communicate with him as he only speaks waray

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Bout blew a gasket and think I'm turning into my dad.

Rainy season, 80F outside so just beautiful

The gf brother walks kitchen wearing hoodie and sweats, but very Filipino thing

On my way outside to the porch to enjoy the chill, I pass by his open door and notice the artic blast. Quick glance and his aircon is set at 17C

Now stuck stewing over it as gf went to a resort for a few days to celebrate her friend's birthday, and can't communicate with him as he only speaks waray

This guy sounds obnoxious as hell to deal with

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
For convenience it would be Pattaya as I love western food as an option even though I would mainly eat Thai. Also, have some friends there and own partnership in a bar group that is barely hanging on
I love pad pik. Work colleague / 30 year friend of mine married a (younger) Thai woman when he was overseas for work. Our sons are the same age, and for about a decade we lived 4 doors down from each other. After I moved, she opened up a Thai restaurant locally (which is fortunately close to my current house). Had I known how good her cooking was when we were neighbors, I would have stopped down for dinners, instead of just beers with my buddy and our mutual friends.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I love pad pik. Work colleague / 30 year friend of mine married a (younger) Thai woman when he was overseas for work. Our sons are the same age, and for about a decade we lived 4 doors down from each other. After I moved, she opened up a Thai restaurant locally (which is fortunately close to my current house). Had I known how good her cooking was when we were neighbors, I would have stopped down for dinners, instead of just beers with my buddy and our mutual friends.
The food is ostensibly simple, yet packs so much flavor. I would cook more of it here but it's hard sourcing the proper ingredients. Our local Thai restaurant closed as she couldn't get her special herbs to properly cook, though two "so-called Thai" restaurants remain open but they cook bastardized chinese with local chili peppers thrown in

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The food is ostensibly simple, yet packs so much flavor. I would cook more of it here but it's hard sourcing the proper ingredients. Our local Thai restaurant closed as she couldn't get her special herbs to properly cook, though two "so-called Thai" restaurants remain open but they cook bastardized chinese with local chili peppers thrown in
All of a sudden I have this really weird craving for Jollibee spaghetti (there is one in Times Square in NYC but I still mourn the loss of Yoshinoya and the glorious beef bowl).

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Finally got my shot today, booking opened for my age group wednesday. Got it just in time for vacation, if delta doesn't go rampant I hope to go to Rome in october.

I think I've aged 10 years the last year. I hate being stuck in Sweden.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Keeping an early eye on Elsa, since it may be in my neighborhood around the time I was planning on starting my drive up to Western New York. My parents definitely should be looking at an earlier departure for their trip, since it looks like it’ll be right off of the Fort Myers area on Tuesday morning when they were planning on leaving.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My ball hockey group started playing again recently. I think my joints have aged 20 years during the pandemic. RIP my knees.

I go outside and melt. Part of it is just Florida and part of it has been being sedentary during Covid. And now I want to get on with getting on with not being sedentary because of Covid. :D

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
My ball hockey group started playing again recently. I think my joints have aged 20 years during the pandemic. RIP my knees.
Awesome. I had a great once a week routine for a few years, but my buddies all got families and bailed. I didn't mind abandoning mine, but different strokes, I suppose. It was funny seeing some people treating it like every Monday night was game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals, when it was really something way bigger and way more important.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
A few days late.

I served with Lieutenant Colonel Ty Edwards in Afghanistan in 2007-08. Absolutely great guy and a warrior. The shot to his head in Afghanistan happened in October 2008, a few months after I left.

He almost died on the site and then again during recovery. It does not surprise me that he stood up on his own during the National Anthem. He’s a fighter.

I’m grateful to have served with him, and we’re all fortunate that people like him served our Nation.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Hey, WNYers...... I'm wanting to visit later this summer or early fall. I could ask my brother.... but then I would have to listen to all his medical issues so......., what's the deal regarding masks, places (restaurants, attractions) being open, etc.. at this point.

I'm fully vaccinated. I'm hoping that other than the airport, places are open w/o minimal to no restrictions for us needle poked......

Any insights appreciated..... Thanks.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Hey, WNYers...... I'm wanting to visit later this summer or early fall. I could ask my brother.... but then I would have to listen to all his medical issues so......., what's the deal regarding masks, places (restaurants, attractions) being open, etc.. at this point.

I'm fully vaccinated. I'm hoping that other than the airport, places are open w/o minimal to no restrictions for us needle poked......

Any insights appreciated..... Thanks.

As of today, most places have lifted the majority of restrictions and it’s do what you want.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Awesome. I had a great once a week routine for a few years, but my buddies all got families and bailed. I didn't mind abandoning mine, but different strokes, I suppose. It was funny seeing some people treating it like every Monday night was game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals, when it was really something way bigger and way more important.

I joined a 30+ inline league this spring/summer - my first time skating in 5 years. Boy, is my body letting me know it's not happy.

I'm having fun, though - so there's that.

Reactions: cybresabre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad