News Article: Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd want way more then Fowler. As others mentioned, piss poor SA metrics and 2 years from UFA. Garbage return for trouba.

Why even trade Trouba for Fowler? You could get Fowler for a lot cheaper and use as a stop gap until the ideal Trouba trade materializes. I don't think it would take much as the Ducks would appreciate the cap space to help sign their own RFA's.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
No. Simply, what are the list of equivalent LHDs. Ignoring situations, GMs, team need, etc.

One step at a time. Besides, most GMs are still willing to go after Trouba with this.

Hmm. LHD, in the same ballpark as Trouba, 25 and under. I've got:

-Lindholm
-Gostisbehere
-Murray
-Rielly
-Ristolainen
-Klefbom

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Why even trade Trouba for Fowler? You could get Fowler for a lot cheaper and use as a stop gap until the ideal Trouba trade materializes. I don't think it would take much as the Ducks would appreciate the cap space to help sign their own RFA's.
Yah I agree. Except I'd rather keep dano then Fowler. Nit sure why so many are down on that kid.

Hes good and going tk be a very strong top six scorer IMO

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Leave Connor & Petan alone.

Dano, Armia, Lowry... feel free to trade all 3. They're not worth much though.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I definitely don't include dano in that group with the other two.

Also important to note is connor and Laine are both Lw. Dano's the only natural RW of the group (I believe)

Long term I'd love our top line to look like
Laine Little Wheeler
Connor Little Dano
Perrault Petan (whoever)

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yah I agree. Except I'd rather keep dano then Fowler. Nit sure why so many are down on that kid.

Hes good and going tk be a very strong top six scorer IMO

Agreed. I would prefer to move someone else other than Dano, though he does seem to be undervalued around here.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
glad some people are giving trading trouba more thought then chevy because pretty sure he hasn't given it any. positive chevy would take a lot of peoples money here if they played poker with him.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Leave Connor & Petan alone.

Dano, Armia, Lowry... feel free to trade all 3. They're not worth much though.

Great in theory

And thats why we may need to include Connor or Petan

I really do not want to see Connor moved. You could talk me into moving Petan. I think Trouba and Petan should net a really nice return.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Lindholm
Chychrun +
Theodore
Provorov
Sanheim +
Beaulieu
Werenski :nod:
Nurse + Drai
Klefbom
Hanifin (we might have to add)
Fowler +

I agree with your Werenski :nod:
I don't think Columbus wants Trouba though. If they do trade anyone it's likely Carlsson and that would be a big add coming our way along with it.

Lindholm, Theodore, Hanifin, Provorov, Sanheim, Sergachev and Werenski are my favourite targets. Getting any of those guys would make me pretty damn happy about this situation.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Point me to be one shred of evidence where it says Trouba doesn't want to be with the Jets/or doesn't like Winnipeg.

Don't waste your time; you can't.

Same crap that was said about Kane. Won't come out until after the fact but my bet is he doesn't want to be here.

Mo helped that along immensely by miscasting him with an absolute plug. Ehlers was lucky enough to escape the plug treatment; Trouba never did. As it stands I'm blaming this one on Mo, helped along by having a knob of an agent.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
This is an intriguing angle I haven't seen looked at yet.

So, so far, the names I've seen listed (in no particular order):
Hanafin
Lindholm
Rielly
Murray
Maata
De Haan
Klefbom
Nurse (barf)
Hutton
McCabe
Theodore
Kylington

Some of these we'd have to add, and some they, and of course not all of these will fit with needs... but interesting.

Completely forgot about Hanifin.

I considered Maatta and de Haan as well, but I'm not sure if they have Trouba's upside.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It's all a sham, smoke and mirrors

Well, this much is clear -- Jacob Trouba and his agent would do us all a favour if they could at least get their story straight.

Because right now, the only gulf wider than the one separating Trouba and the Winnipeg Jets is the one separating what Trouba had been saying just days ago about the state of those talks and what his agent is now saying.

Pick a version, fellas. We don’t even care which one. But at the moment, you’re just insulting our intelligence, while simultaneously calling your own into question.

It is impossible to reconcile -- at least with a straight face -- what the Jets defenceman told the Free Press less than two weeks ago about the state of his contract negotiations with the Jets and what his agent, Kurt Overhardt, told the world Saturday night about those same negotiations.

The list of discrepancies between the relatively rosy and optimistic picture Trouba painted to the Free Press with the apocalyptic version of events Overhardt described in a news release issued on the eve of a Canada Russia hockey game is so long as to be laughable.

But hey, everyone could use a good laugh, right? So let’s compare and contrast what Trouba told the Free Press on Sept. 14 with what Overhardt said in his news release on two principal issues.

On the state of talks with the Jets

Trouba on Sept. 14: "They’re dealing with it. Kurt’s talking to Chevy. They’re going back and forth and talking."

Overhardt on Sept. 24: "There has been no negotiation regarding the terms of a contract between our client and the Jets over the course of the last several months."

--On whether there is any doubt Trouba will be in the Jets lineup on opening night:

Trouba on Sept. 14: "Not in my mind."

Overhardt on Sept. 24: "Our client, Jacob Trouba, will not be attending the Winnipeg Jets NHL training camp. Since May, we have been working with the Jets management in an effort to facilitate a trade of Jacob’s rights."

Bwahaha. You crazy kidders.

Never mind whether the Jets and Trouba have been talking; I’d argue the better question right now is whether Trouba and his agent have been talking the last couple weeks.

And the discrepancies don’t end there. Indeed, these two guys weren’t even on the same page on the one issue Overhardt says is a deal-breaker -- Trouba’s desire to play more on the right side of the defence because he is a right-handed shot.

"The situation is not about money," Overhardt wrote in his release, "it is solely about our client having the opportunity to realize his potential as a right shot NHL defenseman."

Is that right?

Well it just so happens that a lot of my interview with Trouba on Sept. 14 -- I tracked him down in Pittsburgh after a pre-tournament World Cup game involving Team North America -- centred on Trouba’s desire to play a larger role -- with the Jets -- and, yes, his hope to play more on the right side -- of the Jets defence

Indeed, Trouba’s desire for a bigger role and more right-side play were the first two paragraphs of the column I wrote about that interview.

But Trouba also made clear to me at the time -- in very specific detail -- that playing the left side despite having a right handed shot really isn’t that big of a deal for him.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Great in theory

I really do not want to see Connor moved. You could talk me into moving Petan. I think Trouba and Petan should net a really nice return.

I don't think Connor = Petan. Petan's an add Connor is a lot closer to the main course.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
glad some people are giving trading trouba more thought then chevy because pretty sure he hasn't given it any. positive chevy would take a lot of peoples money here if they played poker with him.

I would be very disappointed if Chevy hasn't given the idea of trading a player who doesn't want to play for the Jets some serious thought. If he doesn't explore all options, including trading Trouba, he should probably step down.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Werenski.

Find another way to get short-term D help by trading young forwards / prospects.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Great in theory

I'd deal Petan before Armia and Dano for sure. And I have absolutely no interest in trading Connor unless we get an over payment coming back.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Great in theory

Just think it's terrible mistake to trade Petan before he's had a real look with some skilled players. You pair a playmaker like Nic with a couple of finishers and it could really raise his stock.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Fortunately their losses would be limited by the 20 minutes it would take to play every hand while Chevy patiently weighed his options... :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad