Sportsnet: Sportsnet or TSN? Who won the trade deadline battle?

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I don't care about the winner of two tv stations over a overly hyped day.

I won because I managed to have the whole day off with full pay while not using any vacation hours.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I haven't efforted to watch trade deadline coverage in probably a decade. I find it hard to believe that people can still get caught up in this nonsense...and yet the ratings say plenty of people do.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Sportsnet is a joke. It's only one or two steps up from Leafs TV.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
SN is definitely improving. Kipper IMO is becoming one of the top insiders in the business. And some of the other guys they had around were pretty good for discussions.

I'm not a big fan of Garrioch, Lawton, Spector, etc. though.

I prefer TSN, but don't have it anymore on our cable package.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
I haven't efforted to watch trade deadline coverage in probably a decade. I find it hard to believe that people can still get caught up in this nonsense...and yet the ratings say plenty of people do.

Probably the wrong thread for you then huh? You rant about this every year.

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009
Whats sportsnet? I might have to medicate myself for the next 8 years that was the worst day in recent history when I found out TSN lost the rights

Ace88*

TSN, just because they are self aware and know how much of a joke the coverage has turned into and they play off it. Sportsnet they take themselves wayyyy too seriously and honestly have just slightly inferior coverage

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Sportsnet has a panel of guys who were failed executives. I still laugh every time Doug McLean critiques a trade.

TSN featured Jay Feaster so this point is invalid.

I gotta say I stick with TSN, though. There's more straight forward analysis and less platitudes. I feel like the guys on Sportsnet are constantly trying to one up each other and they get way to melodramatic. Kypreos is especially bad. And they're gonna be adding Healy and Stock to the mix. :dumbo:

Keeping it Blue

Dec 13, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I don't get why someone cares that one person broke a trade 30 seconds before someone else. I'll listen/watch the one with the people who id rather hear talk so thats always TSN.

Saul Goodman

Attorney at law
Dec 12, 2009
Toronto
Watched the Sportsnet stream on my tablet, didnt bother with TSN this year. Its all the same **** I dont understand why everyone here gets so worked up about the whole SN vs TSN thing.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Listening on the radio, Fan590 (SN) was faaaaaarrrrrr better than TSN1050.

The TSN guys on Twitter seemed to be breaking stuff first, but the network was so delayed.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

I just followed on TSN and twitter. Didn't even look at sportsnet.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00