Sportsnet: Sportsnet or TSN? Who won the trade deadline battle?

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I've found this an intriguing argument the last few years. TSN used to be the king, but in the last few years, I think Sportsnet has left them in the dust.

Who did you turn to for today?

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I watched both for a couple of hours starting around 12:30 and found that TSN was quicker off the mark reporting the actual trades. Although I prefer the Sportsnet personalities.

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
deadline day is not what it use to be, just boring, last day i stay home from school, it's not worth it anymore

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Twitter and TSN today.

I didn't find Sportsnet's coverage to be particularly enlightening or interesting today. I didn't really like anyone that they had on, and was a little bored.

I liked how TSN didn't take themselves too seriously today - far less formal and much more loose and casual today.

Three best moments of the day:

1 - The Duthie -Ellen selfie

2 - The Duthie-Burke interview

3 - Twitter response to the Vanek deal

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
TSN still has the panel of guys who actually know what is going on.

Sportsnet has a panel of guys who were failed executives. I still laugh every time Doug McLean critiques a trade.

Ultimately, Twitter wins the day, and you were suckers if you actually watched TSN/Sportsnet talk all day about nothing until a flurry of deals at the last minute. Deadline shows have largely become irrelevant.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
TSN still has the panel of guys who actually know what is going on.

Sportsnet has a panel of guys who were failed executives. I still laugh every time Doug McLean critiques a trade.

Ultimately, Twitter wins the day, and you were suckers if you actually watched TSN/Sportsnet talk all day about nothing until a flurry of deals at the last minute. Deadline shows have largely become irrelevant.

This

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
The selfie thing on TSN was hilarious. That guy playing the guitar and singing songs was just ****ing stupid tho. Especially being at work and trying to stream the thing and then having him pop up
Get that gaaaawbage outta here

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
I listen to 1050 most of the day, so TSN won. But I also find the Sportsnet crew generally 2nd rate.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
TSN. Didn't even turn to Sportsnet once. John Shannon alone is reason enough for me to stay away.

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
I find for the most part tsn is more professional. Sportsnet seems to have guys that think they are personalities.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
TSN has much better analysts who don't speak like they have marbles in their mouth and sound more coherent. Plus they don't seem so super serious and have intelligent former players on there.

Sportsnet flat out sucks. I'm going to loathe once they get the NHL coverage full time. The only decent guy they have there is Kipper. I kinda like Millard to as the host, he's no Duthie though.

TMLFAN4LIFE

Dec 11, 2006
Eklund gets props for moulson

Agreed he did have that called at least an hour before it was announced. I enjoyed watching Sportsnet's coverage more than TSN this year. Whenever TSN put on Dave Hodge you know its time to hit the channel change button.

spidergoalie

Aug 9, 2009
Kamloops, BC, Canada
I watched from TSN's website. Unfortunately the feed kept dropping.
Otherwise I checked Twitter and a goalie board which just changed massively and as a result is difficult to navigate and has much less traffic than usual.

I generally dislike almost everyone on sportsnet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad