Recalled/Assigned: Spooner and Yam sent down

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Not like JP needs playtime right?

I'm okay with JP not being sent down. He's dressed 28 straight games and is being treated as a current NHLer, so using that logic he's earned the break. Whether he should have been treated that way is one thing, but if your committing to him as a fulltime NHLer, you treat him as such.

Yamamoto has only played 5 games since being recalled a month ago, so he needs to keep fresh.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Spooner can stay down there. Yamamoto needs to stay down there and earn his way back. I am not convinced that he is a better player than Marody or Benson right now.

I think at end of the day, when everything settles, out of our prospect wingers, Benson might be better than both JP and Yamamoto

Reactions: Oilhawks

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Benson needs to score a lot more goals in the minors before he's a legit call up option...
5 goals in 40 games down there?
Thats zero in the NHL.

Same problem with Ryan Mcleod. Kid won't shoot to save his life.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Finally! Like I said before Yam isn't ready let him develop in the A!

Wouldn't mind seeing Benson get a shot!

This post makes absolutely no sense. On the one hand , you applaud sending down a guy that clearly isn't ready, and on the other hand, you then want to bring up another guy that is only in his first year in the minor pros and want to bring him up to this mess.:confused::huh:

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Hopefully Spooner returns when he's "over ripened".
overripe-bananas.jpg

Reactions: redgrant

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This doesn't reflect very well on Hitch. Wasn't it just a few days ago, when they waived Rattie and Spooner, that he said both Yamo and Puljo were both on the roster because they deserved to be and were getting better? Now, one game later, and Yamo is sent down.

Reactions: redgrant

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
This doesn't reflect very well on Hitch. Wasn't it just a few days ago, when they waived Rattie and Spooner, that he said both Yamo and Puljo were both on the roster because they deserved to be and were getting better? Now, one game later, and Yamo is sent down.
they have 10 days off... Yamamoto should be down there playing during the break

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Still not sure why Yamamoto was called up to begin with. Such a dumb and meaningless move. Hope he stays down now for the rest of the season.

This organization is ran like a divorced couple trying to stubbornly co-parent.

Reactions: Zaddy

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Benson needs to score a lot more goals in the minors before he's a legit call up option...
Thats zero in the NHL.

Maybe Currie then? although hes center.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Thats zero in the NHL.

I really like Benson, but I'm still pretty shocked that Debrincrat isn't an Oiler. In an ideal world, they could have both players. However, on a team lacking shooters, why would you skip over a player with an NHL-ready shot and who had proven chemistry with McDavid?

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I really like Benson, but I'm still pretty shocked that Debrincrat isn't an Oiler. In an ideal world, they could have both players. However, on a team lacking shooters, why would you skip over a player with an NHL-ready shot and who had proven chemistry with McDavid?
Beats me.

I was screaming for Debrincat when he was still there at #31, and then every pick afterwards until Chicago I hoped that the Oilers would swing a deal to pick him.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Thats zero in the NHL.

Goals or not it's hard to ignore 10 points in his last 5 games. Or 4th in the entire league for assists. Or 4th for rookie points.

He's clearly an option for a call up as of now.

Though I'm really ok if Benson stayed down the entire year.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Underrated quote. What the hell does that even mean ?
It refers to the Detroit Red Wings, who kept their prospects in the minors even though they could have succeeded in the NHL. They did it with Helm, Nyquist, Tatar, and others.

They stopped doing it as soon as they were no longer stacked.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Beats me.

I was screaming for Debrincat when he was still there at #31, and then every pick afterwards until Chicago I hoped that the Oilers would swing a deal to pick him.
Same here. He looked like he was a decent playmaker, in addition to his shooting skills, with the Otters.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Maybe Currie then? although hes center.
He's been on quite the tear as of late as well I think, and a pretty consistent performer over the last few seasons down there. I'd like to see him at some point, as it definitely seems like he's earned it. I see Benson as possibly a late(r) season callup.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I’m just hoping Spooner can gain some confidence and maybe Woodcroft can help fine tune his game. Make himself a call up option.

Right now he’s useless.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Good. KY should've never been called up in the first place. Instead of playing prime minutes in Bakersfield, he was brought up to sit half the games, get injured, play 7 minutes a night on the games he did play, and witness the Chiarelli circus at it's peak. Now he can just play again, no pressure, and in warm vibrant California. Leave him there for the rest of the season

Too bad no one picked Spooner up, he's looked absolutely miserable ever since getting traded to Edmonton. He might be one of those guys McDavid was referring to when he said 'if you don't believe in this group you need to leave'.

I'm good with Pulju staying here, he's got the build to compete in this league, he's getting better as the season progresses under a coach that really believe in him. He belongs with this team and hopefully we see him blossom by next season

Reactions: Cypress

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I’m just hoping Spooner can gain some confidence and maybe Woodcroft can help fine tune his game. Make himself a call up option.

Right now he’s useless.
Hope he doesn't end up like O'Sullivan. Once he left the guy was sent to the minors and was great in the AHL, couldn't do anything in the NHL though.

Pretty much the end of the line for him and hopefully he can get going

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad