Recalled/Assigned: Spooner and Yam sent down

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Finally! Like I said before Yam isn't ready let him develop in the A!

Wouldn't mind seeing Benson get a shot!

Reactions: WIOiler

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
How about we just keep all of our young guys in the AHL to develop. No point in calling Benson up.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not sure if I would connect dots too much on what Bob Nicholson said. This is just sending guys down because theres a 10 day break and you can send these guys down. That's all. For all we know they are back up Feb 2. I'd be fine with waiting till April..

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
What's wrong with bakersfield making a run at the Calder cup. Nice if Jones, bear, yamamoto, Benson, marody anchoring the team down there.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
JP has shown flashes every 2nd game, I'd give him a handful more games, but if he can't be any more consistent than that, then he should go down also.

Reactions: Multigrain

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
JP has shown flashes every 2nd game, I'd give him a handful more games, but if he can't be any more consistent than that, then he should go down also.

The issue being we don't have any games now until feb 2nd, where as the condors have a handful of games he could be at least getting minutes in.

It makes zero sense to have him up here over this break.

Reactions: Dr Awesome

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The issue being we don't have any games now until feb 2nd, where as the condors have a handful of games he could be at least getting minutes in.

It makes zero sense to have him up here over this break.

I'd agree with that. That said I think it's been stated that Jesse really does not take assignments to the AHL very well (which is a disappointing character trait to be sure), but maybe the thinking is to not shake whatever fragile confidence he has left.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Spooner and Yam sounds worse than Bubble and Squeak with a side of Haggis.

Wasn't this a practice line the other day Centered by the immortal Colby Cash?

I still wonder if Hitch was foreshadowing the Chia firing with the worst line ever devised here since 1993,

Think about it.

Yam-Colby Cash-Spoon

Striking fear in enemy hearts and minds..

Not even a ready for KHL line.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Send JP down as well and leave him there. Guys gripping his stick to hard in Edmonton because he knows that one mistake gets him stapled to the bench.

Reactions: space321

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
Puljujarvi should be sent down and play a few games during the break, no good reason not to but you know, Oilers...
He should be sent down. Until he can stay on his feet for a whole shift. So weak. Most Nhlers can rag doll him like sfa.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Puljujarvi should be sent down and play a few games during the break, no good reason not to but you know, Oilers...
Gregor did mention on Monday if PC is fired don't be surprised that JP still doesn't get sent down. Upper management think he's better than he is I guess.

The fact that you won't send him down for this break is just odd. Even if it is just temporary

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Still not sure why Yamamoto was called up to begin with. Such a dumb and meaningless move. Hope he stays down now for the rest of the season.

Peter realized this year that he had made a monstrous mistake in building a slow, unskilled team.

Throwing Spooner and Yamamoto (and Aberg) in the line up was basically his attempt to desperately try and alleviate some of that. Too little, too late.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I'd agree with that. That said I think it's been stated that Jesse really does not take assignments to the AHL very well (which is a disappointing character trait to be sure), but maybe the thinking is to not shake whatever fragile confidence he has left.
That makes me as a GM never want to trade for him. Think of all the vets that have been sent down lately?
He is 20 years old, he could use some games and maybe eating a little humble pie would not be a bad idea for him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Spooner can stay down there. Yamamoto needs to stay down there and earn his way back. I am not convinced that he is a better player than Marody or Benson right now.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Peter realized this year that he had made a monstrous mistake in building a slow, unskilled team.

Throwing Spooner and Yamamoto (and Aberg) in the line up was basically his attempt to desperately try and alleviate some of that. Too little, too late.

That doesn't make any sense as he also traded for Petrovic and Manning around the same time (while moving out Caggiula)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That doesn't make any sense as he also traded for Petrovic and Manning around the same time (while moving out Caggiula)

Petro and Manning were more about panic moves to fill in for Russell and Klefbom and ride that stretch out rather than any kind of long term philosophical view on how the team should play.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad