GDT: Spidey Says, "Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack Mr. Ducksworth!" Devils @ Ducks, 9 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Henrique really needs to tool Vatanen again just to give the Vatanen haters a glimmer of hope, because the Devils have come off as absolute THIEVES in this trade:

Since trade:

FORWARD (i.e. offense) Adam Henrique - 47 games, 28 points

DEFENSEMAN Sami Vatanen - 47 games, 26 points

Not to mention, Vatanen leads ALL Devils in ice time, and plays on the PP and PK to boot.

Thank you Ray Shero for absolutely plundering the Ducks!
Shero didn't plunnder anything.

The Ducks have at least 3 better Defensenmen on their team right now and they traded a player that wasn't happy there for a very good forward who also plays in all situations and is on very good contract. They probably needed a forward more than we needed a RH defenseman too.

They needed goals desperately and they got 16 of them with a +9 while giving up 2 of them and -3

I'm sure they are very happy with the transaction

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It is but it's sort of indiciative of his whole Devils career. People associate him with losers cause he's only been on losers here, and the only two real stretch playoff runs he's had here he's been benched both times after horrific slumps - once for Marty and once for KK.

I’m not saying it’s undeserved but it’s just intriguing that he’s being written off for a goalie, who while scorching hot right now, was being written off and everyone wanted gone a couple of months ago. Again, Schneider has sucked but I don’t think he’s done.

Cory really needs to get off the schneid.

I'll show myself out...

200w.gif

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Keith has been progressively getting better with more starts. Why mess with it?

With 19 wins in 29 starts he already has the majority of the teams 37 wins... I personally think you have to go with the hot hand until it isn't.

Because we don't need to run him into the ground at this point? I'd rather get Cory in now so if he still blows we at least know we can't go to him late in the season if we need to. It's also not like Kinkaid will be sitting for a week either if he doesn't play tonight. We play again on Tuesday.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Because we don't need to run him into the ground at this point? I'd rather get Cory in now so if he still blows we at least know we can't go to him late in the season if we need to. It's also not like Kinkaid will be sitting for a week either if he doesn't play tonight. We play again on Tuesday.
He's had 29 starts this season...how are you going to run him into the ground? If he start every game from here on out he'll only have 1 more than Cory does currently.

Reactions: Palpatine

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Your argument conveniently involves goals, which is a pretty stupid comparison between a forward and a defenseman.
Goals are what Anaheim needed and why they made the trade...have a little bit of perspective from the other side...a tiny bit of Duck perspective would tell you that they got exactly what they were looking for.

Reactions: glenwo2

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Goals are what Anaheim needed and why they made the trade...have a little bit of perspective from the other side...a tiny bit of Duck perspective would tell you that they got exactly what they were looking for.

And if you didn't clearly have an agenda against Vatanen I might actually take your argument seriously. Maybe you should take your own advice about perspective.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As one of the more staunch Cory supporters on this board and perhaps the biggest critic of Kinkaid on this board, if Cory comes in and sharts himself again, take the knife from Butcher and cut his leash completely. I will be irate.

No f***ing excuses, I don't wanna hear the defense was bad or that Henrique has a 15% shooting percentage against every goalie he fires the puck at, or that Cory is rusty and cold because he hasn't played in over a week and only 3 times in the last two months. Or Carlyle teams average a lot of high-danger chances or that we had trouble getting up for a 6:00 PM game out West on the day after a huge win. Enough is enough already. Enough 3 goals against already. If we allow 800 shots, okay, whatever. But the problem with Cory lately is that if we play well and only allow 24-27 shots, he allows 3 goals anyway. If we play kind of poorly and allow 30-35 shots, he's allowing (since December 29th) 4 goals.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
And so did we.
We have been scoring at about the same pace all season.

I have been watching our goals for all season and early on I thought we had a chance to surpass the 2012 team in Goals For so I have been keeping tabs.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Both teams are happy about it. Why does every trade have to have a winner and a loser? this isn't a video game.
There's a lot of trades that are very one-sided (hello for Hall for Larsson! That's a monumentally extreme example though), but then there's a lot of trades that are pretty equal and fair for both teams.

I think this is one of them. Did we really want Andy Greene playing 22-23 minutes a night? He already looks shot playing 21 minutes, which is down from the 22-23 that he was playing pre-Vatanen.

I understand, we gave away a pretty good 45 point forward to get him, but this guy has been a godsend so far.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
We have been scoring at about the same pace all season.

I have been watching our goals for all season and early on I thought we had a chance to surpass the 2012 team in Goals For so I have been keeping tabs.

We weren’t looking for goals via defenseman. That’s not what I meant. This is one of the more rare trades where everyone is happy with what they got for the most part.

Reactions: glenwo2

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
There's a lot of trades that are very one-sided (hello for Hall for Larsson! That's a monumentally extreme example though), but then there's a lot of trades that are pretty equal and fair for both teams.

I think this is one of them. Did we really want Andy Greene playing 22-23 minutes a night? He already looks shot playing 21 minutes, which is down from the 22-23 that he was playing pre-Vatanen.

I understand, we gave away a pretty good 45 point forward to get him, but this guy has been a godsend so far.
How does Sami a RHD AND Greene's primary partner reduce a LHD"s minutes?

I have seen this said on numerous occasions and it makes zero sense. Butchers TOI has ticked up and thats we're the minutes have gone.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How does Sami a RHD AND Greene's primary partner reduce a LHD"s minutes?

I have seen this said on numerous occasions and it makes zero sense. Butchers TOI has ticked up and thats we're the minutes have gone.
Greene's minutes have went since Vatanen was acquired though. Greene was our (Default) #1 defenseman before Vatanen, now he's our #2. Greene is down almost a minute per game since Vatanen has come. If not for February, where he was back over 21 minutes again, his usage the first two months after Vatanen came was closer to 90 fewer seconds, which is a bit fast math there.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wow, Gibson has a .947 save percentage since the All-Star break. Time to knock that down a bit.
They're not gonna play OVERRATED Ryan Miller again? He was our best player back in December when we played him.

He's the most overrated goaltender of the post-lockout era. One season of hitting .920 in his entire career, in an era where the elite goalies usually have .920% most years. He might finish with .920+ this year, but in a backup role.

Reactions: RooneyConnSmythe12

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Greene's minutes have went since Vatanen was acquired though. Greene was our (Default) #1 defenseman before Vatanen, now he's our #2. Greene is down almost a minute per game since Vatanen has come. If not for February, where he was back over 21 minutes again, his usage the first two months after Vatanen came was closer to 90 fewer seconds, which is a bit fast math there.
Greene's minutes being down a minute has nothing to do with Vatanen...it has to do with Butcher and a little bit of Moore getting more. Sami isn't replacing the minutes played on the Left side.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

Well similarly, at the time, the ducks needed a forward who could help them at a critical time when it seemed like all their offense was injured. They're arguably in the hunt right now BECAUSE they scored Rico. I think it's a win win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad