GDT: Spidey Says, "Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack Mr. Ducksworth!" Devils @ Ducks, 9 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
26m3k4.jpg

26m5m3.jpg

Sack up you bellyachers, we've got games to win!

2640jk.jpg

Last game, Kinky threw up the brick wall on the Queens!

26m3n6.jpg

And Nico continues to look better and better every game!

26m3rg.jpg

And now we're off to Anaheim to reunite with our good buddy Rico!

26m3tb.jpg

And we'll likely put the faith back into our favorite ginger to keep our win streak going!

26m3yc.jpg

We've got 11 games left. Join the bandwagon or jump off. But we'll be with this team until the end.

2640r1.jpg

YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS PROJECTED LINEUP (NOT CONFIRMED):
#9 Taylor Hall (A) - #13 Nico Hischier - #21 Kyle Palmieri
#40 Michael Grabner - #19 Travis Zajac (A) - #39 Brian Gibbons
#17 Patrick Maroon - #20 Blake Coleman - #23 Stefan Noesen
#44 Miles Wood - #11 Brian Boyle - #18 Drew Stafford

#6 Andy Greene (C) - #45 Sami Vatanen
#2 John Moore - #28 Damon Severson
#8 Will Butcher - #12 Ben Lovejoy

#1 Keith Kinkaid (19-9-2, 2.85 GAA, .910 SV%, 1 SO)
#35 Cory Schneider (17-14-6, 2.81 GAA, .912 SV%, 1 SO)

Scratches/Injuries:
#10 Jimmy Hayes (Healthy)
#25 Mirco Mueller (Healthy)
#37 Pavel Zacha (Day to Day, Upper Body Injury)
#63 Jesper Bratt (Healthy)
#90 Marcus Johansson (IR, Concussion)

giphy.gif

Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup:
#67 Rickard Rakell - #15 Ryan Getzlaf (C) - #10 Corey Perry (A)
#7 Andrew Cogliano - #17 Ryan Kesler (A) - #33 Jakob Silfverberg
#37 Nick Ritchie - #14 Adam Henrique - #25 Ondrej Kase
#22 Chris Kelly - #38 Derek Grant - #71 J.T. Brown

#4 Cam Fowler - #26 Brandon Montour
#42 Josh Manson - #47 Hampus Lindholm
#23 Francois Beauchemin - #3 Korbinian Holzer

#36 John Gibson (27-17-6, 2.47 GAA, .926 SV%, 3 SO)
#30 Ryan Miller (8-6-6, 2.49 GAA, .926 SV%, 3 SO)

Scratches/Injuries:
#3 Kevin Bieksa (Injured, Day to Day)
#18 Patrick Eaves (IR - Auto-immune Disorder Recovery)
#20 Jason Chimera (Healthy)
#50 Antoine Vermette (Healthy)
#65 Marcus Pettersson (Healthy)

giphy.gif

Devils Leaders:
Goals: Hall - 31
Assists: Hall - 45
+/-: Gibbons - +17
PIM: Wood - 79
PPG: Hall - 10
SHG: Gibbons - 3
GWG: Hall - 5

giphy.gif

Ducks Leaders:
Goals: Rakell - 30
Assists: Getzlaf - 42
+/-: Manson - +26
PIM: Bieksa - 83
PPG: Rakell - 7
SHG: Cogliano - 2
GWG: Henrique - 7

a3d.gif

WE'RE IN A PLAYOFF HUNT, IT'S TIME TO GET PUMPED UP

200.gif

AND WITH OUR FOURTH STRAIGHT ROAD GAME AGAINST ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE, NO BETTER TIME TO SHOCK THE SYSTEM

giphy.gif

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

HTTP3d3dy5naWZhbmltYWRvcy5jb20vR2lmcy1IdW1vci9BbmltYWNpb25lcy1QZXJzb25hcy1HcmFjaW9zYXMvU3BpZGVybWFuLURpdmVydGlkby9TcGlkZXJtYW4tVGhyaWxsZXItNjY4ODkuZ2lm.gif

EveryThreadEver.gif

tumblr_inline_n68h1pW34O1seqlqr.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Henrique really needs to tool Vatanen again just to give the Vatanen haters a glimmer of hope, because the Devils have come off as absolute THIEVES in this trade:

Since trade:

FORWARD (i.e. offense) Adam Henrique - 47 games, 28 points

DEFENSEMAN Sami Vatanen - 47 games, 26 points

Not to mention, Vatanen leads ALL Devils in ice time, and plays on the PP and PK to boot.

Thank you Ray Shero for absolutely plundering the Ducks!

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
Rest KK for the Sharks.

Sucks but need to be smart about it. Every game is crucial.

Been so great watching the team live these past 2 games.
Looking forward to the rest of the season and watching a playoff clinching game live.

Back at it tomorrow night, then drive up to SJ for the final West coast game before flying east to NJ.

Reactions: MadDog172430

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Hopefully Maroon will be back there.

Cory is most likely getting the start. It's gotten to the point now where even if he throws up a 1 or 0 and we win, that's not winning him back the starting job. But I would love to see him play well again. And for us to actually score goals for him because we never do that either.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
And if it does get to a "win or die" situation the final handful of games I'd rather have a rested Kinkaid.

This is all assuming of course that he gets a starters workload the rest of the way. If Cory plays really well and/or Kinkaid regresses then this entire argument could get flipped on it's head in the next few weeks.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
And if it does get to a "win or die" situation the final handful of games I'd rather have a rested Kinkaid.

This is all assuming of course that he gets a starters workload the rest of the way. If Cory plays really well and/or Kinkaid regresses then this entire argument could get flipped on it's head in the next few weeks.
Keith has been progressively getting better with more starts. Why mess with it?

With 19 wins in 29 starts he already has the majority of the teams 37 wins... I personally think you have to go with the hot hand until it isn't.

Last edited:

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
If Cory doesn't allow a goal in the first 2 mins then I think the Devils will win.

Reactions: glenwo2

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
We need to roll with the hot hand, period. Keith is making everything look real easy and the last thing we should do is f*** with his mojo (no, not Marcus!).

Play Kinkaid until he get's a L... you can't bench a guy who just got a shutout and managed to rack 3 wins against three of the best teams in the league, on the road to boot.

Reactions: Palpatine

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It’s a shame that people are looking at Schneider as a guaranteed L. I can see him having a good game if he gets the start tonight, no real reason though, just a gut feeling.

Reactions: MadDog172430

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Something people need to remember about this goalie situation is we are not in a win out the string situation. We are actually far from it thanks to the recent wins.

We can absolutely afford to give Keith a day off.

The margin is still very tight. We do have a game on Columbus and Philly but Florida has two games on us 5 points behind which can easily turn into 1 point.

Every game is going to shuffle the deck from here on out. The difference between 3rd and 9th is almost nothing and 10, 11 or 13 games in the case of Florida is a lot of games to change fortunes. 10 games in December pretty much knocked us off a high perch we were sitting on.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Something people need to remember about this goalie situation is we are not in a win out the string situation. We are actually far from it thanks to the recent wins.

We can absolutely afford to give Keith a day off.

I agree that with Kinkaid we can afford to give him a day off. But,. .....

I don't agree about not having to win out the remaining string. You play to win every day with your best players at game time. Winning is contagious and the reverse is true. This is a very tight race. If we want to make the playoffs, and I do, then you play to win out the remaining string. Play your best goalie. Who is that today? At this time I say Kinkaid.

Go Devils

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It’s a shame that people are looking at Schneider as a guaranteed L. I can see him having a good game if he gets the start tonight, no real reason though, just a gut feeling.

It is but it's sort of indiciative of his whole Devils career. People associate him with losers cause he's only been on losers here, and the only two real stretch playoff runs he's had here he's been benched both times after horrific slumps - once for Marty and once for KK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad