Movies: Spider-Man: No Way Home

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just to further elaborate, they need to explain why e.g. Fury couldn't assign a Skrull to play Peter with the real Peter in costume next to him to prove they'r enot the same person. I thought that was the easiest way out of this.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Also this not only looks like they’re setting up a sinister 6 plot line (lots of hints in that trailer), but also getting Spiderman into Sony’s universe with Venom, Mobius, etc.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Also this not only looks like they’re setting up a sinister 6 plot line (lots of hints in that trailer), but also getting Spiderman into Sony’s universe with Venom, Mobius, etc.
The rumor persists that Spider-Man will make a cameo on Venom 2 along with J Johnah!!

Reactions: BertCorbeau

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
No, maybe a spell gone wrong or a rookie sorcerer did it...could be a fake out as Marvel has a habit of including scenes in trailers that don't make the movie. With Wong leaving for what looks like a sunnier climate via his portal, maybe Dr.Strange did it on purpose to mess with him lol

Nah I'm going to go with he had a hot date with Elsa.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
What's exciting is that Alfred Molina already confirmed that he is playing the exact same Doc OC from the second Spiderman movie, taken moments before his death, so they're not variants at all from the Multi-verse. Likewise Defoe...which could explain his surprised "oh" at the end of the first movie if they snap him back at the exact moment of his death.

I'm thrilled that those two are back, especiallly Defoe's Goblin, who was sensational in the role and carried the mixture of manipulative intellifence, charisma, and oozing menace. Some of the lines people have already mentioned ( Despite everything you've done for them, they will end up hating you, misrery, misery, misery is what you've chosen, you know I'm something of a scientist myself, first we attack his heart! etc) fit so well regarding Holland's character...I'm hoping for a massive beatdown scene where we end up with Holland getting dragged to a roof and getting lectured by Defoe. Another unintentionally hilarious scene where he blows up Aunt Mays wall and scares her while praying is too much to ask for
biggrin.gif

I think it's clear Dr. Strange was messing around with Peter performing that spell and was intending on teaching him a lesson, before something goes drastically wrong.

That lawyer slamming down the stack of files/papers onto the desk was 100% Charlie Cox as Matt Murdoch, who I'm almost excited to see as much as Defoe and Doc Oc!

"Hello Peter"...guaranteed he's saying that to Tobey's Spiderman over Holland's shoulder!

I haven't been this excited for a movie in a long long time ( possibly since Interstellar ), so I'll end off with simply saying "God speed Spiderman".

Sep 19, 2008
It's definitely clever but loses a bit of the oomph factor because Into the Spiderverse already kind of did it.
That was brought up elsewhere in this forum and my reply is that this is a live action, not a cartoon

The fact that Garfield and other prior spider man actors have signed on to reprise roles is pretty exhilarating

It's the most talent assembled on screen since the Itchy and Scratchy Movie.

1111709.jpg

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's definitely clever but loses a bit of the oomph factor because Into the Spiderverse already kind of did it.

Not really. Outside of Jake Johnsons Peter Parker we were given a bunch of new Spideys and villains with new context and backstory.

Bringing back McGuire and Garfield and a few of their villains would feel much grander in scale and touch on nostalgia in a much different way. Whether that amounts to a good product or not remains to be seen, but personally I'd like to see a live action take on the same concept with the alternate "timelines" and their actors involved.

Spiderverse didn't work as well as it did on the back of the multiverse concept wow factor alone. It worked because of the comedy and storyline implications that the concept allowed.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don’t see why you guys are so defensive.

There’s a multiverse again and likely multiple Spider people.

I’m still going to see it but the fact that two Spider Man movies are being released close together which both involve overlapping universes is a bit funny.

The fact that it’s already being compared to the animated film is proof that the concept isn’t wholly original.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Why does it matter if it's not original? The concept was floated around in Loki and the aforementioned Spider Man as well as Endgame. They're going all in on time travel and multiverses now. I don't see how this is bad.

Also the last Spider Man with Holland didn't have a multiverse.

Not sure why you keep linking Spiderverse with it. I mean it's a good film but it's not MCU. Think MCU.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I’m still going to see it but the fact that two Spider Man movies are being released back to back which both involve overlapping universes is a bit funny.

The fact that it’s already being compared to the animated film is proof that the concept isn’t wholly original.
Does it have to be to be entertaining? Superhero teams weren't new, yet the Avengers did fine in spite of films like fantastic four and xmen.

The reason for my post was your claim it loses its "oomph factor" because it's been done before and recently. But the thing is, oomph factor is a thing in something new and exciting like Star Wars and Jurassic Park.

No one remembers Spiderverse because the concept of a multiverse blew them away. It's what they did with the concept that made it something special and memorable. It's a premise that can be used in a multitude of ways. We'll see how NWH does with it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not sure why you keep linking Spiderverse with it.

Probably because it was a recent Spider Man movie.

Its like when they released Deep Impact and Armageddon very close together.

Sure they are different movies but with very similar premises.

And for the record, I never said it was bad.

It will just beg comparison that’s all. I think it would be naive to think that it won’t.

If Into the Spiderverse had never existed, I think the buzz would have been even greater than it is already.

Last edited:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

I’m still going to see it but the fact that two Spider Man movies are being released back to back which both involve overlapping universes is a bit funny.

Surely you're joking with the term "wholly original" referring to anything in this genre?

I'm not being critical implying that nothing in the genre is wholly original. It's part of the reality of comic book movies, which is why they live and die by execution rather than creativity. There's nothing wrong with that.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
And where did I say your problem with it was serious? Pretty obvious you're just trolling now, though.

Not really.

Somehow I’ve been painted into some hater because I thought the plot for this film appears to be reminiscent of another recent Spider Man movie.

“Loses a bit of the oomph factor” - deluge of comments.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Not really.

Somehow I’ve been painted into some hater because I thought the plot for this film appears to be reminiscent of another recent Spider Man movie.

“Loses a bit of the oomph factor” - deluge of comments.
Hater is going to hate

That being said, while the overarching theme of the multiverse is present in both, it is something that the MCU had already started to explore. First in Ant-Man and the Wasp and then Endgame and since then in some of the Disney+ shows. How the Spider-Man films arrive at the multiverse looks also to be very different.

Reactions: John Price

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What is interesting was the level of excitement when they shoehorned Evan Peters into Wandavision and the subsequent disappointment that it created when the X-Men cross-over was nerfed.

You have to think that the Spiderman: Far from Home folks must have felt pretty good at that point about the decisions they had made.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
What is interesting was the level of excitement when they shoehorned Evan Peters into Wandavision and the subsequent disappointment that it created when the X-Men cross-over was nerfed.

You have to think that the Spiderman: Far from Home folks must have felt pretty good at that point about the decisions they had made.

What decision to not make Mysterio someone from another earth?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad