Confirmed with Link: Spicy signing of Max McCormick

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
They’re going to be a pretty vet heavy team next year with maybe only Bean, Keane and Lorentz to follow as prospects, unless they let Bokk come over from the SHL or they sign some other European guys to come over.

what about Sellgren, Mattheos, and Cotton? Or is Sellgren not coming over?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Looks like the Wolves also picked up some
ex-Checkers:

They’re going to be a pretty vet heavy team next year with maybe only Bean, Keane and Lorentz to follow as prospects, unless they let Bokk come over from the SHL or they sign some other European guys to come over.

This year that's probably for the best. Gonna be a weird one.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Mattheos needs to recover from the lack of hockey he's played since his cancer diagnosis. Too soon to write him off.
i need him to work out - if i don't get at least one goal/hit/whatever at the rbc where the team can play the american dad! stelio kantos song (slightly overdubbed) it will be the single most disappointing thing in my years as a fan. worse than the 9 year drought multiplied by our early to mid 2010's defense.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Looks like the Wolves also picked up some
ex-Checkers:

Bokk should be in the AHL based on recent interviews. Sellgren will be in the SHL for one more season before coming over to the US next season, which is likely a factor in why Ryan was signed and why Forsling and McKeown were both QOed. Here's my personal guess on the Wolves roster next season, particularly if Vatanen is brought back for a year, as I'm beginning to suspect might happen:

McCormick-Lorentz-Bracco
Bokk-D. Cotton-Gust
Rempal-Shore-Mattheos
Markison-Bishop-Smallman
J. Cotton (ECHL?)

Bean-McKeown
Forsling-Keane
Ryan-Fitzgerald

Nedeljkovic
Bibeau
Helvig (ECHL)

Wolves ownership are known to love them some AAAA-caliber contending pieces on their team, and with most of our (admittedly deep) farm in juniors/Europe at the moment, it's not a bad outcome at this time. Waddell likely understands better about how to work with that particular ownership group's ambitions than the Wolves' previous affiliates, considering that the Thrashers affiliated with them in their entire existence. I'm sure that both sides understand that the prospect riches will start pouring out the seams in a couple of seasons, though, so hopefully Waddell knows what he's doing on that front. Rees, Suzuki, Sellgren, Murray, Makiniemi, and Drury should all be ready for the AHL next year.

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
If you thought projecting NHL lines was an exercise in futility, wait until you see AHL lines!
Actually seeing some lines written out, even if they're not accurate, makes me realize just how mediocre of an AHL squad we could have this year. Probably our worst AHL team in years. Top 4 could be very good but that's about it. I guess this is what happens when most of your older prospects graduate/get traded and most of your best prospects are still in the CHL, in college or over in Europe.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Actually seeing some lines written out, even if they're not accurate, makes me realize just how mediocre of an AHL squad we could have this year. Probably our worst AHL team in years. Top 4 could be very good but that's about it. I guess this is what happens when most of your older prospects graduate/get traded and most of your best prospects are still in the CHL, in college or over in Europe.
Perhaps. There are some fairly productive vets in there that might make up for the lack of young talent. Hershey made a living for years on guys like Keith Aucoin and Alex Giroux even as Washington started to graduate some of their better guys. None of these guys is to their level but could keep them pretty competitive along with a guy that is at least a great AHL goalie and a pretty solid defense.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad