Spezza to Hemsky combo

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Phillips was good for us.. but he is no longer anymore. niedermayer and stevens retired when the time came and they were both far superior when they retired to phillps is right now, or has been the past 3-4 years. im not gonna thank him for being bad on the ice while still collecting huge paycheques. his time is done and I think him for all the work he has done for us.

TheOneFootedSauce25

Jun 20, 2011
puck
i feel that we have a great shot of re-signing hemsky. the team is going to look better next year. hoffman has shown real skill and the points will come, ceci was called up on emergency basis and has been good enough to play. lehner the past two games (tampa and florida) has been phenomenal with the exception of 1 or 2 goals but this is the tied with the most consecutive starts hes had in his career. the future is indeed bright. this also is why i dont understand the trade spezza rumors. hes a #1 center with a legit winger now in hemsky, i like people seeing zibby with them i think that would work well. but why trade spezza if we WANT to and EXPECT to be a playoff team in the forseeable future. with the amount of say he has on this team now and the players they have acquired and coming up (saying bobby ryan is fully healthy next year) i really cant see him getting traded with only good things on the horizon. there will always be interest in him but i think that ottawa (unless they get a #1 center back) takes multiple steps backwards in losing him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad