Speculation: Spezza, Muzzin, and Mikheyev are significant losses.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I guess we would be sweating $2.75 million on any marginal roster player since there’s $10 million frozen in LTIR with Murray and Muzzin.
Actually, Murray and Muzzin on LTIR would give us the space to carry that, but them being on LTIR right now doesn't suddenly make overpaying "marginal roster players" we don't need a good thing, much less doing so in the past when they were healthy.
But he started the playoffs over Holl
Yep, a mistake, as I said. And even Holl wouldn't be in the lineup with everybody healthy, so I don't know what you think that means.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Actually, Murray and Muzzin on LTIR would give us the space to carry that, but them being on LTIR right now doesn't suddenly make overpaying "marginal roster players" we don't need a good thing, much less doing so in the past when they were healthy.

What summer free agents are now available with the LTIR money?

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
🤷‍♂️i feel like there isnt a non goalie player that has left via FA that i miss being on this team .
everyone gets super overpaid because they played in TO.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
What summer free agents are now available with the LTIR money?
The LTIR space is only temporary, so we're obviously not going to be buying free agents, let alone overpaying "marginal roster player" free agents we don't need.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
The Leafs don’t miss the current Mikeheyev especially at that cap but he did play some significant minutes on the PK. They also need to replace some of that offense. Maybe Nick Robertson can replace that offense or a combo of Robertson/Jancrock.

Mar 12, 2009
I think Lyubushkin is a real loss for the Leafs, their defense is lacking grit and pragmatic plays
He would be a whipping boy right imo. He liked to hit, he also liked to put himself out of position with hits and just in general, without the mobility to get back in place in time.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
He would be a whipping boy right imo. He liked to hit, he also liked to put himself out of position with hits and just in general, without the mobility to get back in place in time.
He might be but depends how they use him. If they keep him as number 6 that plays 12 minutes a night he might be fine. If they played him 20 minutes a night he would be a whipping boy.

Mar 12, 2009
He might be but depends how they use him. If they keep him as number 6 that plays 12 minutes a night he might be fine. If they played him 20 minutes a night he would be a whipping boy.
They would either use him too much or he'd make his mistakes in that lower ice time and everyone would be mad we're paying 2.75mil for 2 seasons for a bottom pair guy with meh skating and brain farts. He's a more physical, slower Holl once the shiny new toy effect where's off.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
They would either use him too much or he'd make his mistakes in that lower ice time and everyone would be mad we're paying 2.75mil for 2 seasons for a bottom pair guy with meh skating and brain farts. He's a more physical, slower Holl once the shiny new toy effect where's off.
I wouldn’t want him back at 2.75 for the exact points you made. If he was making 1.5 million playing bottom pair minutes he might be okay.

Metalwood

Sep 30, 2021
Yes, clearly Mikheyev is a difference maker. Such a star leading the Canucks to leading their division in points. Surely it’s his singular PP assist and -2 standing that is what we miss this year.

Spezza. You gotta love him. Went 22 games near the end of last year with two points. Then 1 point in 5 games in the playoffs, and a minus 2. He was done. Sad

I commend you on working hard to create more sky is falling and misguided threads though.
Soup is 2/2 over the last 2 games - 4 points and looking like great chemistry with Kuz and Petey... Guy is a difference maker on the ice from what I've seen.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Spezza was often credited for rallying the troops and getting them to snap into it in the past in difficult moments. Too bad they mandatory retired him and replaced him with nothing.

Reactions: SoVi3t

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
Spezza was often credited for rallying the troops and getting them to snap into it in the past in difficult moments. Too bad they mandatory retired him and replaced him with nothing.
That's literally the story of this entire off season...
We replaced outgoing players with nothing, and overall the team got noticeably worse.
Anybody who thought this season wouldn't be a shit show is delusional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad