Recalled/Assigned: Spencer Abbott recalled

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't get why it's Abbott though. I would rather have Leivo, D'amigo, Biggs, Broll or Ross get the shot before Abbott.

Because according to the coaching staff for the Marlies, he has been the best player there. Plus they need somebody to play higher in the lineup. Not sure if any of those guys, except for Leivo, can play high in the lineup.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
God when it rains it pours. Kulemin, Fraser, McClaren, all injured and throw in Clarkson and his suspension. Just keep the callups coming I guess...

no worries, although no one on the Marlies can replace Kulemin, his absence won't be the difference between winning and losing.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
I'd rather play an injured Ashton than Abbot. The guy is like 25 and 5'9

When did Ashton get hurt? Or are we talking about his nose?

Abbot is an interesting "prospect" because he has Top 6 potential. Could be similar to Bozak where his production is better at the NHL level.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Would have preferred Leivo but still excited to see what kind of game he brings tonight.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
When did Ashton get hurt? Or are we talking about his nose?

Abbot is an interesting "prospect" because he has Top 6 potential. Could be similar to Bozak where his production is better at the NHL level.

In his fight with Tinordi he got his nose busted. He was sporting a full face cage. Unless a newer injury as surfaced, I'm guessing that's what people are referring to. I think he's fine to play but the face cage may make it harder to play his best. I didn't think Ashton had a bad second game though even though he was wearing the cage.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
In his fight with Tinordi he got his nose busted. He was sporting a full face cage. Unless a newer injury as surfaced, I'm guessing that's what people are referring to. I think he's fine to play but the face cage may make it harder to play his best. I didn't think Ashton had a bad second game though even though he was wearing the cage.

Ashton looked Ok in the pre season, not so much since regular schedule's started. Better options on the Marlies IMO.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I'd rather play an injured Ashton than Abbot. The guy is like 25 and 5'9

grinds-my-gears.jpg

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
As per David Alter:
"Devane $575k (his base salary) plus Abbott at $650k = $1.225m. Fraser's hit $1.275m."

Nothing complicated here, they just took advantage of the extra cap space and called up an additional forward.

Thanks for the clarification here...

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Would have rather seen leivo get the call as the scoring line fill in, but i'm happy to see abbott get a shot too. Kid has some legit nhl skill, even though his lack of size and speed is gonna make it hard for him to stick i the nhl.

Regardless, i just love that our callups this year are mostly going to be kids with with legit upside instead of recycled career ahler after recycled career ahler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad