Speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Was at the gym for the third period of the Canada-Czech game. Many of the guys pointed out that the faster guys like Gagne, Nash, Lecavalier, St. Louis should be playing more, and even switching up some of the lines! It seems very obvious these guys are highly skilled players who are tremendous skaters. Nash and Lecavalier can really handle the puck. Gagne just has an insane burst!

Somebody even suggested a line of

Nash-Lecavalier-Gagne, but the chemestry with some of these guys with others would make that a hard move. Overall I don't see anybody who is really lacking in the skating area, I mean they can all skate, some better then others, but it really is hard to take when somebody says we don't have the speed or skaters, because we definitely do.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think it might be too late to really change things up. Gagne-Sakic-Iginla has gotten the job done in the past, it's time for this line to step up and lead the way. Thornton needs to step up his game in a big way and show that he can get it done in the big games. I think if these 4 can get it going, the rest of the team will follow their lead and Canada will be fine offensively. Honestly, If i'm Canadian, i'm more worried about Canada's ability to stop the Russian Forwards. You know that Draper, Doan, Gagne, and maybe a few others are really solid defensive forwards. What you need is Thornton, Bertuzzi, Nash, and others to make the commitment in the defensive end to help out the Canada D (which is certainly not of the quality that most Canadians expected and hoped for).

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Was at the gym for the third period of the Canada-Czech game. Many of the guys pointed out that the faster guys like Gagne, Nash, Lecavalier, St. Louis should be playing more, and even switching up some of the lines! It seems very obvious these guys are highly skilled players who are tremendous skaters. Nash and Lecavalier can really handle the puck. Gagne just has an insane burst!

Somebody even suggested a line of

Nash-Lecavalier-Gagne, but the chemestry with some of these guys with others would make that a hard move. Overall I don't see anybody who is really lacking in the skating area, I mean they can all skate, some better then others, but it really is hard to take when somebody says we don't have the speed or skaters, because we definitely do.

:biglaugh:

I was at the YMCA gym when the game was on also.

Big Mama*

Nash has played poorly. Gagne has not played well. Doan, Richards and Smythe have played well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad