Speculation: Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Not that I want Barron playing in the NHL to start, but all signs keep pointing to him starting the season in the NHL assuming he has an okay pre-season. Doing a media day activity with Reaves and Nemeth solidifies it. Doubt you’ll see someone like Cuylle or Schneider in one those

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Rangers have a lot of depth on the wings at the moment. A few players that fans really like won't be getting enough playing time -- likely two of Kravtsov, Kakko, Laf and Blais will have their minutes curtailed by circumstances nearly every game. And I think STYLE of play will be heavily stressed at the start of the year. Players with hustle and jam will be prioritized at times in a way that piss off fans but will actually lead to a team identity much sooner than in the last 2 seasons.

20-93-13
10-16-21
29-72-24
74-17-75

(I know. This is terrible to have Kravtsov on the 4th line. I hate it too. But I think something like this is likely.)

Extras: 91, 15.

I think Gauthier is gone. I think GG will fall in love with Dryden Hunt. And I think he will become this year's Blackwell. Maybe not so much in the scoring dept but in terms of versatility. Barron may start year in the minors. But Barron is ready.

I don't think GG will want to put two young top 6 forwards on the same line. Which means one of Kakko, Laf and Kravtsov may be on the 4th line on a nightly basis.

I could see Goodrow, Hunt, and possibly Blais getting more minutes than we expect. Honestly a lineup that allowed us to play both Rooney and Barron on the 4th line might be the most versatile lineup we can ice. Having a lineup with 6 guys who can take draws is fantastic esp for the PK.

D is easier.

5-23
79-8
12-64

22, 25 in the minors to start the year. Robertson, Jones, Skinner, Reunanen and Schneider also in the A.

David, I thought we told you to pack your things and leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad