Speculation: 63rd Overall

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
as usual, i dont think you understood what i was saying. oh well

So what were you trying to say? Perhaps it's just that you have issues articulating the point you're trying to make. oh well.

A: i didnt say 'dan girardis career'
B: dan girardi ****ing sucks
C: dan girardi is not qualified to be a top 4 defenceman
D: dan girardi's letter is ****ing valueless
E: it doesnt mattter where his team ended up

A: If you're not talking about that, then what are you talking about? Drafting a 30+ year old player or something completely pedantic and even more irrelevant like that?

B: Awesome substantive point. :rolleyes:

C: He's slipped recently, but he absolutely was a capable Top-4 defenceman for a number of years. Especially backed up by point E.

D: Wearing a letter on a good team is absolutely not "****ing valueless" unless you're only staring at box scores and spreadsheets, instead of talking about the game of hockey.

E: It absolutely matters where his team ended up. A team with Dan Girardi playing clear Top-4 minutes went to the Cup Finals. This isn't some completely useless hack playing 20+ minutes a night on some losing team like the Oilers because they have nothing better. He was playing Top-4 minutes on a legitimate Cup Contending team. That does mean something - it tells you he's capable of being a Top-4 defenceman on a team good enough to have serious Cup aspirations. That's not "****ing terrible" as you noted in your ever so eloquently stated Point B.

oh man i cant wait to get the next wade belak. 550 games!!! Hoply Freaking ****!

What does Wade Belak have to do with anything at all in this conversation? You're just throwing out random names which have absolutely nothing to do with the original point re: Victor Mete/Kris Russell.

Mete is not Belak, he's not Carcillo...he's a smaller, skilled, puck-moving defenceman. It's incredibly difficult to grasp the point you're apparently trying to make, when you're just throwing out irrelevant extinct fight-puncher dinosaur type names in reference to Mete, or Kris Russell or Dan Girardi even. As though these are remotely interchangeable comparisons or similar in any way. :laugh:

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Limited to only the little i saw of Sweden at the U18s, Cederholm would be on my no-draft list, Moverare struck me as a smart defender and competitor, has a nice shot but was limited a lot by his skating.

Every single thing I've read about Cederholm was he was a more mobile version of his brother. 100% defense and no offensive instincts what so ever.

The funny thing about the Moverare comment (I only watched him once and didn't notice him) is all scouting reports I've read is:
The thing that stands out the most to me when evaluating Moverare is his intriguing combination of size, skill and mobility. He is not only very mobile on his skates, he is also possessing smooth hands and can stick-handle the puck very well. He is a calm puck carrier and can move the puck smoothly and often uses a toe-drag to buy himself time when under pressure by fore-checkers. Moverare is a decent three-zone-player as he works efficient at both ends of the ice and can be used in both special team units.

Especially on the powerplay, Moverare is a dangerous shooter from the blue line. He possesses a powerful shot from the point and uses all of his shot arsenal. He shows good timing when he uses his heavy shot and is excellent on one-timers.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
The funny thing about the Moverare comment (I only watched him once and didn't notice him) is all scouting reports I've read is:
He is noticeably slow off the mark and doesn't generate much speed. I saw him struggle against Canada and their speedy forwards.

That's in line with HP's scouting report and the swedes on hf.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
He is noticeably slow off the mark and doesn't generate much speed. I saw him struggle against Canada and their speedy forwards.

That's in line with HP's scouting report and the swedes on hf.

Shows you what the word mobility when read can have multiple interpretations. I am guessing in this instance it means he pivots well.

thanks

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
you have literally no idea what slander means, lol

I do actually, which you continually do to everybody and everything on this board but perhaps I did not choose my words as carefully as I could have here. I should have said ignorant, thoughtless, and spiteful.

Slander - The action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

but ... to answer your question

why would you draft someone that compares to russell

Kris Russell (born May 2, 1987) is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman for the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was a third round selection, 67th overall, of the Columbus Blue Jackets in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft and played four seasons with the team before moving on to the St. Louis Blues and then Calgary Flames. He has also played for TPS in the Finnish Liiga. Russell was a top defenceman in junior hockey with the Medicine Hat Tigers. He was a member of two Western Hockey League (WHL) championship teams, was twice named the WHL's top defenceman and won the Four Broncos Memorial Trophy as the league's most outstanding player in 2006–07. Internationally, Russell has represented Canada on several occasions: He was a member of two gold medal-winning teams at the World Junior Championship and has played in two World Championships. Kris and his twin brother Ryan briefly played together in Columbus. He has played almost 600 NHL games and has almost 200 points

Yeah you're right. Why draft someone that compares to Russell, he sucks right? :m-confused:

Carry on.

Last edited:

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I do actually, which you continually do to everybody and everything on this board but perhaps I did not choose my words as carefully as I could have here.

slan·der

1. the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

Kris Russell (born May 2, 1987) is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman for the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was a third round selection, 67th overall, of the Columbus Blue Jackets in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft and played four seasons with the team before moving on to the St. Louis Blues and then Calgary Flames. He has also played for TPS in the Finnish Liiga. Russell was a top defenceman in junior hockey with the Medicine Hat Tigers. He was a member of two Western Hockey League (WHL) championship teams, was twice named the WHL's top defenceman and won the Four Broncos Memorial Trophy as the league's most outstanding player in 2006–07. Internationally, Russell has represented Canada on several occasions: He was a member of two gold medal-winning teams at the World Junior Championship and has played in two World Championships. Kris and his twin brother Ryan briefly played together in Columbus. He has played almost 600 NHL games and has almost 200 points

Yeah you're right. Why draft someone that compares to Russell, he sucks right? :m-confused:

Carry on.

Yes, the Canucks should seek to draft guys who are great in junior or in the tournament for players whose teams didn't make the playoffs. Nick, thanks again for your colourful contributions to this forum.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Yes, the Canucks should seek to draft guys who are great in junior or in the tournament for players whose teams didn't make the playoffs. Nick, thanks again for your colourful contributions to this forum.

No problem, let's draft guys who are terrible in junior then and don't play well in tournaments. Funny, your boy Burrows was a star in that tournament for teams that don't make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad