Pre-Game Talk: Sound Tigers (ISLANDERS) @ Wolf Pack (RONGOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Don't underestimate Florida. You'll be sorry.

I don't underestimate any playoff team. They are certainly talented. But, they are led by the oldest player in the league surpassing 80 games at age 44, who hasn't played beyond the regular season in 3 years. How will he handle playoff speed and intensity? And, they feature a goalie who has been benched or pulled from more playoff games than anyone. The rest of their core, while very good, is full of young kids getting their first playoff taste. Wouldn't shock me if they lose to either NY team.

denis

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm not so sure that Mo carries over to the playoffs. Just the most recent example, last year Ottawa had the hottest finish ever, then lost their first 3 playoff games.
... and Pittsburgh, especially with their injuries, won't cool off why?

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
There are no easy opponents in the playoffs. Play to win now, period, or you risk seriously pissing off the hockey gods.

Yeah because the hockey gods haven't given the Oilers every 1st overall pick like 10 years running lol I want Fla and am not worried. Fla already said they want us...we are even.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
I don't underestimate any playoff team. They are certainly talented. But, they are led by the oldest player in the league surpassing 80 games at age 44, who hasn't played beyond the regular season in 3 years. How will he handle playoff speed and intensity? And, they feature a goalie who has been benched or pulled from more playoff games than anyone. The rest of their core, while very good, is full of young kids getting their first playoff taste. Wouldn't shock me if they lose to either NY team.

This. Exactly.

denis

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah because the hockey gods haven't given the Oilers every 1st overall pick like 10 years running lol I want Fla and am not worried. Fla already said they want us...we are even.

Big difference between wanting us, and wanting to lose games to get a specific opponent.

... and the Oilers have been paid back by having all of those top picks (or at least most of them) turn into disappointments. They've been screwed over plenty.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com

Wouldn't shock me either, considering how green they are to the playoffs. But I can also see their young guys really stepping up. I also don't agree with your assessment on Jagr, he's defied the laws of nature as far as I'm concerned. Luongo I can kind of see happening, but the lack of pressure compared to Vancouver can only help him.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Big difference between wanting us, and wanting to lose games to get a specific opponent.

... and the Oilers have been paid back by having all of those top picks (or at least most of them) turn into disappointments. They've been screwed over plenty.

No, there is really no difference. I want Isles to win in OT tonight and end up playing Fla. Point is both teams want who they consider to be the weakest team. That's all it is. Make no mistake "hockey gods" or luck have nothing to do with the Oilers failures. The oilers have not been screwed. If they manage there assets well this summer they Are a PO team next year.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Wouldn't shock me either, considering how green they are to the playoffs. But I can also see their young guys really stepping up. I also don't agree with your assessment on Jagr, he's defied the laws of nature as far as I'm concerned. Luongo I can kind of see happening, but the lack of pressure compared to Vancouver can only help him.

It's not my assessment, it's the big question--can he continue defying the laws of nature by handling playoff hockey at age 44 after a long season? Florida's playoff hopes might depend on the answer.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

They're led by Barkov, who is approaching All-World status and will be a Selke candidate for many years to come. I can see him going off in the playoffs.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Wish we had Hamonic hounding Jagr like he does Malkin.
They're led by Barkov, who is approaching All-World status and will be a Selke candidate for many years to come. I can see him going off in the playoffs.

Barkov has eaten us alive this year too. Boychuk should be up for the task though.

BroadwayJay*

That draft class was excellent. Just really solid players all the way through.

Barzaltrick

The New York Saints
Jan 18, 2011
The Panthers always dominate us, I predict a sweep if we face them.

I want us to win today and against Buffalo so that we can lay a beat down on Cindy and the rest of the flightless birds - hot streak be damned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad